1990 ProCraft Fisher 185 electric diagram?

Looking for any info that would help me with the wiring diagram on my boat at the bow. This is a panel where the trolling motor plugged into, and it had switches that acted as secondary controller for Nav lights, trim switch for outboard and galley lighting. These arent all working. I'm guessing this was a nice feature. I need to replace some of the switches, since a couple are broken off and cant be toggled. The original outboard was a Mercury Black Max (I believe ), so the trim switch is not connected to my present Suzuki outboard. I have found a diagram on this forum for a '97 ProCraft. I may be able to use it to trace wires to instrument panel but I dont see a schematic for the bow control panel. Anybody have any diagrams that I might be able to fill in the blanks?

2. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Should be very standard and a diagram from most any boat should be somewhat helpful.

The trim switch is parallel wired to the other trim switch(es).

The light is generally just a single light on the front deck, so you have power coming in and going directly to the switch.

Nav lights are a little more complex as it has to interface with the console nav light switch. I’ve not seen any Procraft products use a diode in the nav light circuit as some boats do, so if you find diagrams, use the ones without a diode.

I’ll go through my papers and see what is there.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

3. Member
    Hey CatFan, that is very helpful. I was going to not worry about it, since I had been using it like this way for quite awhile. But now that I'm retired and I have more time, I thought I'd look at fixing the dash wiring. It used to have a radio....and now doesn't, so I'd lile tp try top make it close to the way it was, again.

4. Member
    I have a 1990 ProCaster 180 with the wiring diagram I can photograph for you but, I'm not sure they're close to the same beasts for wiring. I think the ProCaster line may have been an afterthought.
    2005 Triton TR-196
    1990 ProCraft ProCaster 180

5. Member
    Caddis001, well, I wouldn't know from Adam about the similarities. Mine is a Fish & Ski model, with a walk through windshield. My guess would be if it has that front control panel and you have some kinda wiring diagram or schematic, it would likely be a guide to let me see where the junction for the circuit is under the dash. I'm iffy when the complicated circuits are like what CatFan mentioned, being possibility of a specific way the wiring is to make the panel up front run the Nav lights. The real problem is the wiring isn't really marine grade. The type of switches are double throw,double pole or triple pole.so if I have enuf wire to pull up, really would like to make a new panel and put in new switches. The diagram I did find here on the ProCraft stickies seemed to be indicating what the switches were in terms of the double or momentary or single throw and the different pole configuration. If what you have has that and its for the bow panel, it might make my effort to be not much more than replace the switches and creating new connectors and with the help of a lot of photo's and the luck of the Irish, I might get it going, after all.

6. Member
    Let me see if I can figure out how to post pictures of it. If I can't post them I'll IM them to you. I say them because they stuck the schematic on the service lid over the aluminum support bracket. I'm not sure what they were thinking in the late 80's early 90's. I do know that my old boat is hard to be as far as a fishing platform. Not fast, not exactly dry, but very stable.
    2005 Triton TR-196

7. Member
    Darn, you jogged a memory cog in my head... I'll take a look under my battery access lid... I seem to recall a decal of something .... I was thinking it was a capacity statement, and max hp allowed for the boat.... but maybe there was a schematic there...
    Hmmm. Gotta go out in the frigid temps and uncover it and check that tomorrow. Thanks....

8. Member
    Until I can get out and look for that schematic in my boat tomorrow, I'll show some photo's of my bow control panel, backside with all the switches in place, and front side after I stripped the switches and the trolling motor plug out.ProCraft Bow control (Custom) (2).jpgprocraft bow control panel (Custom).jpg

What a "professional" wiring job this is. I'll admit that some of the switches work. The broken flip lever on the aerator and recycle was definitely not working. I am trying to decide whether I really need the panel except for the trolling motor plug receptacle. Nothing would happen if I discontinued the bow controls other than what I've been doing from the start..... getting up and going to the steering controls and setting what I want from there. I already don't have the ability to do the charging / run selection, because I disconnected the original 24vdc receptacle. It never did work. I now realize it's because I disconnected the 24vdc receptacle of the TM circuit to change it for my 12vdc TM that I'm using now. And I never had tilt/trim from there. I did have the court lights,but not the Nav lights. I had replaced the front Red/Green socket and wired a new 12vdc source. Admittedly, it was because I didn't understand the complex wiring behind this panel.

9. Member
    Han, mine is very similar but more live well controls. The size limits of images may not make for viewable us. If you want to PM me your email address I'll send them as attachments for you.
    2005 Triton TR-196

10. Member
    Eureka! I found my schematic diagram of my own boat including the front bow control panel wiring detail. It also shows the way it was rigged for the 12/24 receptacle for the TM including the charge/run switch and how it is wired from batteries.

Here is the photo as I was able to take a good clear photo of it.
    Enlarge this photo to see it better.
    1990 ProCraft Fisher 185 schematic (Custom).jpg
    ProCraft wiring diagram.jpg
    Last edited by hankll; 03-07-2019 at 09:23 AM.

11. Member
    Yep! Nary a care was given when they stuck it on the deck lid. Glad you found it!
    2005 Triton TR-196

12. Member
    Astro/ProCraft Quickfire FS18

Did anyone ever come up with info on these boats?
    I JUST bought one, and am not sure what the master toggle switch on the left
    side of the boat is a master for. And then there is a dial (of all things) on the
    right side of the dash/console as well. (scratching head on this one too)...

Any schematics, docs would be AWESOME if you know where some can be found.
    Thanks in advance....

13. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FisherRogue View Post
    Astro/ProCraft Quickfire FS18

Did anyone ever come up with info on these boats?
    I JUST bought one, and am not sure what the master toggle switch on the left
    side of the boat is a master for. And then there is a dial (of all things) on the
    right side of the dash/console as well. (scratching head on this one too)...

Any schematics, docs would be AWESOME if you know where some can be found.
    Thanks in advance....
    From the factory, the master switch shut down everything in the boat except engine related functions.

The dial is likely either a dimmer for dash lights, live well timer or sensitivity control for an in dash flasher.

There are some schematics in this thread http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=1036777

Probably not specific to your boat, but in general all are wired very much alike. Pay attention to wire color because it can be a huge help.

Unfortunately, repairs and add-ones to older boats can be a nightmare to figure out.

If you do come across a drawing, often glued under a rear hatch lid, please post it for us to help others.

Welcome to BBC! I’ll probably split this out to its own thread after you see this to get it more attention. It would be helpful to know what year your boat is.

John
    Last edited by CatFan; 10-29-2020 at 12:00 PM.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

14. Member
    The dial is the live well timer had a 1990 model many years ago