Thread: Setup VIP

Setup VIP

I have a 2000 VIP DC190 with a Mercury 175 EFI 10 in jack plate setting at 3 in below pad 25 pitch tempest turns about 5900 wot shows 57 mph horrible hole shot, chime walks bad starts at about 55mph. I've had Hydra-Sports and a Shadow in the past but this Vip is the worst handling boat I've ever came across. I've raised the motor still bad. I just purchased a 24 pitch 4 Blade but been too cold to try it
    Does anyone have any ideas for me to try once the temperature gets a little better.
    I'm seeing about 20 psi water pressure.
    This is a strong running 175.

2. Member

This is My VIP

3. Banned
    Hopefully Pat or one of the guru's that have actually set one up will come along and help you out. I have never been in a VIP but if I was going to adjust it I would lose the 10" jackplate and find a 4". Is the 4 blade you got vented?

4. Pat Goff
    I'm not in the habit of calling anyone's baby ugly.
    That said you've got a skeeter splash hull, but with the weight placement all messed up.
    It needs all the lift it can get to run it's best, but when you get bow lift, you're going to make it walk even worse.
    You've got the prop I'd put on it, but the symptoms are saying you're way too high, your slip numbers are terrible.
    Advice? Get someone to teach you how to drive to prevent the walk from starting.
    All I got, sorry.
    Pat Goff

Two degrees from center
    of nowhere.
    Smithwick TX.

[SIGPIC][<a href=http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=583&dateline=1498828542/SIGPIC] target=_blank>http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?t...828542/SIGPIC]</a>

5. Member
    I took it to the lake today at 3 inches below pad it's running 60 mph decent hole shot but only 13 to 15 water pressure so I put it on trailer and raised 1/2 inch took back out and rpm 5600 , 64 mph better hole shot and 20 water pressure. I know it should be lower water pressure but it increased. And the mph is GPS starts walking around 60 so I'm thinking a little more tweaking and I will have it pretty good

6. Member
    Yes the prop is vented and yes I know I need seat time to get more familiar with the way this boat handles. I'm the first one to admit it