Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    After watching the playoffs this past season give them 15 minutes more to play, then if it's still tied give them another 15 minutes. Why would you play a full schedule of games, make it to the playoffs and then have your season come down to a coin toss and one series of offensive plays .... make no sense!
    Jerry "Rat-L-Trap" Lehman
    Never Enough "Traps"
    Triton TR-21 Merc Optimax 225
    Living Life Large at Toledo Bend

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick2268 View Post
    As a lifelong loyal Chiefs fan...I am good with current rules during regular season games. But! Being a guy standing there in in 14 degrees with my son watching our season end over a coin toss; I'm also good with a change that allows both teams offense a chance to score during a playoff game. To have the #1 Offense in the NFL, and they never get on the field...it was just heartbreaking.

pats fan above makes a point about our defense allowing 3 3rd down conversions; but I still think both teams should get a chance to score in playoff OT. Too much on the line, and I mean seriously what else do you have to do on a Sunday in January???
    So if KC did have a chance got a td and then the Pats scored next drive ... what next keep adjusting rules till KC wins then the rules are good then ? Its just sour grapes KC did not care about overtime rules before you know other years .. its really embarrasing for Andy Reid when you think about it.
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

3. Member
    They has 75 yards of field position for their defense to stop the PATs. If they forced a 3 and out they are in prime position to win. What I do not understand is why not take all of your timeouts to rest your D.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by av View Post
    So if KC did have a chance got a td and then the Pats scored next drive ... what next keep adjusting rules till KC wins then the rules are good then ? Its just sour grapes KC did not care about overtime rules before you know other years .. its really embarrasing for Andy Reid when you think about it.
    His point wasn't trying to make excuses for KC to win. OT in the playoffs has long been a topic of ongoing debate when this happens for years. A full season coming down to a literal coin flip is silly. The argument would be the exact same if KC won the coin toss and won if they scored 3 plays later with less than a minute in. I'm fine /w it during the regular season but /w so much on the line in the playoffs it just seems dumb. A full 10 min quarter followed by college rules if still tied after that would be great.

Interesting alternative is the OT rule Bob Kraft and the Pats have proposed. It's about time the NFL Cheerleaders become more involved in the game.
    Azure AZ200 (with stuff like cupholders, bathroom and table)

6. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill2e View Post
    There is nothing wrong with the OT rule as is - PLAY SOME DAMN DEFENSE.....
    This^^^^^^^^^^^
    that rule change would change the advantage to the second team with possession.. still decided by the flip of the coin..

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kickerfish1 View Post
    I think they should use the same format the college game does
    X2, have not idea why they haven't. They borrowed the 2 point conversion from college years ago. If they want teams to have to go the whole length of field both teams should get a possession regardless, the score 6 and its over rule is just stupid especially for the playoffs, in the playoffs overtime both teams should get a chance to go on offense.

8. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bossbowman View Post
    X2, have not idea why they haven't. They borrowed the 2 point conversion from college years ago. If they want teams to have to go the whole length of field both teams should get a possession regardless, the score 6 and its over rule is just stupid especially for the playoffs, in the playoffs overtime both teams should get a chance to go on offense.
    they already do if they play a little defense...

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

Saints are asking for for a 2 touch down and 1 interception to win the game rule change

10. Member
    Eli Manning want 6 points for his team for every pick six thrown.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan21XRS View Post
    Extra 15 minutes... Dan
    Agree. Regular season: If it still tied after 15 so be it. Playoffs : if it is still tied after reg, sudden death. College OT is not even football and should be changed.

12. Member
    I’d like to see both teams have a chance to have the ball.

Give teams both an offensive drive, first team that cannot not answer a score loses
    2016 BassCat Cougar FTD

Quote Originally Posted by Dan21XRS View Post
    Extra 15 minutes... Dan
    Gets my vote.

15. Member
    I agree with this

16. Member
    There has to be a OT Rule that everyone can agree with. For years it was the first team to score, kick a FG and you won. That one really sucked. So it was changed to both Teams get the ball unless the 1st Team scores a TD. Put more emphasis on the Defence.

Where my issue is with this in the Playoffs is this is: the ONE DRIVE that a single blown call (done purposely or not) by a Ref can change the Entire outcome of the Game.

Now folks that watch College and do not really understand the Pro Game probably don't see or understand that in almost every Game there is 1 or 2 Calls that effect the outcome. Momentum is a Big Factor in the Pro Game.

Stop a Team on 3rd and Long, but a 5 yard "defensive holding" is called. That Team get 4 new downs to get 10 yards again when they had been stopped. It is hard to both Beat the Other Team and the Refs if they are against you.

Using the Both Teams get an Offensive Try until one doesn't Score enough points to Continue takes a lot of the Game away from the Refs. Yes you should NEVER let the Game get into the place where the Refs can affect the Outcome, but if it happens they should not be allowed to stick it to you "just because" they can.

17. Member
    You can't just add 15 minutes to the game. These guys are killing themselves in regulation. I wish it would go back to the way it used to be : SUDDEN DEATH. If you don't win the toss, play defense. You had 60 minutes to win. I'm okay with college's "fairness" ot, but keep it away from the Pro's. They are men.
    Wave Therapy

Sudden death is a BS rule, both teams offense and defense got them to the OT give them 15 more minutes to scrap it out. After all the fans get more bang for their buck.
    @kennethandmacy
    2004 Triton 196
    200 Merc
    1199/898

19. Member
    Should add 15 minutes but only allow the second, third, and fourth stringers to play.

20. Member
    .....yeah and they all get a paticapation trophy at the end of the game... Here's my idea, no overtime and a tie counts as a lose. You got 60 minutes...win the damn game.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast