To trim sandwich bracket for Minn kota talon

Hello everyone,

Looking for some advice here. I am installing my sandwich bracket for my Talon and I have ran into a snag. The bracket isn't flush with my boat. I want to trim it but do not want to void any warranty. Thank you, Looking for some advice. It is like this on both sides.

53325214_376620166225741_7634342894496645120_n.jpg

Minn Kota is probably who you should ask if your concerned with warranty...as an outsider looking in I see no issue. If for some odd reason Minn Kota said not to trim it then notch the rub rail.

It's yours but honestly I wouldn't think twice about cutting it!
    USMC Vet!

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by G3Ray View Post
    Hello everyone,

Looking for some advice here. I am installing my sandwich bracket for my Talon and I have ran into a snag. The bracket isn't flush with my boat. I want to trim it but do not want to void any warranty. Thank you, Looking for some advice. It is like this on both sides.

53325214_376620166225741_7634342894496645120_n.jpg
    I assume you are talking about the top 1/4" or so? Me personally, I wouldn't hesitate to trim it if I had the proper tools to do it. I'm not an engineer but find it hard ot believe that little bit would hinder the integrity of the bracket. It looks like that's also the spacer plate too. Is the other side the same?

5. Member
    I would trim it in a heartbeat

6. Member
    Do you have a jackplate? I assume you don’t if you are mounting it to the transom of your boat?

7. BBC SPONSOR
    He got it all fixed up and did a fantastic install. He ended up trimming it and it worked perfectly.
    FTO Marine Supplies
    BBC Sponsor

8. Member
    Well a little update, So after having the housing replaced under warranty due to paint defect from the factory. Now I can't get my Talon's bluetooth to work, they are sending my minn kota dealer a new control board. I haven't even got this thing in the water yet!

9. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by G3Ray View Post
    Well a little update, So after having the housing replaced under warranty due to paint defect from the factory. Now I can't get my Talon's bluetooth to work, they are sending my minn kota dealer a new control board. I haven't even got this thing in the water yet!
    . That’s crazy!!! I feel for you Ray! My goodness!
    FTO Marine Supplies
    BBC Sponsor

10. Member
    Tell me about it Tyson, This is starting to worry me. I hope this isn't a trend with this Talon.

11. Member
    Minn kota sent me a new control board. Replaced under warranty. It works now, only problem is that they sent me a 8 ft control board. My talon only reads to 8 ft on my phone when I actually have a 12ft one. I am going to call and complain, you cant make this shit up.

12. Member
    still waiting to hear what minn kota will do. Thanks minn kota