Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    They use several different types of stitch mat on both the deck and hull. The only thing "chopped" on the hull is the skin coat. The hull actually has multiple layers, of a few different types of stitch mat (some people call it combo mat), and some woven roven on the back of the boat where there are several compound angles. There is actually 12 different layers of glass that is hand laid in the hull. There is also 3/8" core on the outside of the floor to the chines of the hull. I don't think B Lat showed any of that is his video. The transom is high density Coosa with several layers of glass on both sides. The transom is then "tied" into the stringers with more stitch mat and a horizontal strong back is added at the top. Hope this helps answer some of your questions.
    Never argue with an idot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience!

2. Member
    ^^^^^^ up there is your answer!

3. Member
    Yes, thats an answer!! Fishnxs, thats awesome information. Not sure where you got it unless you took a factory tour or work for Falcon. Falcon needs to get a full hull and transom layup video going to show how impressive and strong these boats actually are. I know there are some guys out there that are looking at new boats with Falcon on their list but Falcon has remained a bit mysterious on there construction leaving people a bit uneasy. Your answer should pacify most doubters. Again thanks.

4. Member
    He’s from the factory! He KNOWS how they are built! I’ll ask to see if we can do a video. But, some of that they may want to keep somewhat under the radar to keep the competition from using their ideas. The folks at Falcon have many years of boat building experience both in bass boats and salt water fishing boats. They know how to build a solid product!

5. Member
    Thats awesome that he took the time to give us this information. I really am extremely impressed with my boat and happy that I bought it. I actually drove down to last years Classic from VT to see this boat at the Expo, crawled around it, tried to talk to Waller but he was overwhelmed with people asking questions. Really liked what I saw as far as hull shape, storage, deck size, all of it. I never got the information I was after about layup but had to believe it was built right. The Latimer videos had me thinking I had bought some kind of new wave chop gun boat that got its strength some other mysterious way other than layered fiberglass cloths. Needless to say, fishnxs has settled that worry. Im sure a video can be done in a way that shows the materials that go into the boat without revealing too much.

Quote Originally Posted by fuelleak View Post
    So this is directed at guys that are getting some hours on their Falcons. Especially the owners who have driven their boats in rough water a few times. I have 25 hrs on my 205 before New England weather made me put it away till this April and with those few hours I have to say I have had zero issues. What about the boats with more hours? Anyone with stress cracks, wiring issues, leaks, transom flex, anything? Im very impresses myself with this boat after owning a Bass Cat Cougar, Legend Alpha 211 and a Skeeter ZX. So any owners out there having any issues? Warranty claims? Anything? Hard to believe this new company hasn't had any teething issues.

I will say this. I bought my 195 with 200 SHO last Oct, fished numerous tournys and lil over 20 hours on engine. Today, I had a tourny on Eufaula (Ala) , wind was up, at launch there were already 2 footers, later in day I tried to run down towards dam (anyone familiar with Eufaula knows how bad it can get), the waves were now close to 5 feet, I was running in 3 to 4 footers, not hard on plain but 35ish to keep bow up, all good, lil rough but boat handled it well , soft landings mostly. On way back wind calmed a lil, waves were down some in stretches of main channel still close to 2 feet and I was able to run on plain, in some area even WOT. But 3ft to 5ft today, boat did well.

Jason Davis, MSgt, USAF, Retired

IF YOUR NOT GETTING HUNG UP, YOUR NOT FISHING WHERE THE FISH ARE!!"

2019 Falcon 195
    2019 Yamaha SHO 200 w 23P Fury
    Helix 9 DI (Bow)
    Helix 9 SI with Mega (Console)
    MK Ultrex 80lb
    NMEA 2k

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tritonboy2001 View Post
    I will say this. I bought my 195 with 200 SHO last Oct, fished numerous tournys and lil over 20 hours on engine. Today, I had a tourny on Eufaula (Ala) , wind was up, at launch there were already 2 footers, later in day I tried to run down towards dam (anyone familiar with Eufaula knows how bad it can get), the waves were now close to 5 feet, I was running in 3 to 4 footers, not hard on plain but 35ish to keep bow up, all good, lil rough but boat handled it well , soft landings mostly. On way back wind calmed a lil, waves were down some in stretches of main channel still close to 2 feet and I was able to run on plain, in some area even WOT. But 3ft to 5ft today, boat did well.
    Thats crazy good for a 19fter.

Thats crazy good for a 19fter.

Fuelleak,

I have to agree, so far I have been impressed, people that have fished with me (who own or have owned major brands) are also really impressed. Once you take the time and get it lined out properly and work any bugs out ( I had to work few out), the boat is good. I can let go of steering wheel at 68 with 2 people in boat and tourny load and it will drive straight as an arrow. Fishes well, lot of storage and runs well. Got all bugs worked out, and now I cannot complain.

2019 Falcon 195
    Helix 9 DI (Bow)
    MK Ultrex 80lb
    NMEA 2k

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tritonboy2001 View Post
    Fuelleak,

I have to agree, so far I have been impressed, people that have fished with me (who own or have owned major brands) are also really impressed. Once you take the time and get it lined out properly and work any bugs out ( I had to work few out), the boat is good. I can let go of steering wheel at 68 with 2 people in boat and tourny load and it will drive straight as an arrow. Fishes well, lot of storage and runs well. Got all bugs worked out, and now I cannot complain.
    Not sure what bugs you had but so far my only bugs are getting the rod tubes out so I can get more rods in, removing some of the center storage tackle management plexiboard, ordering a new plexiglass bow console so I could put my graph up on its original mount to get the trolling motor cable off the graph's face and get it to run under it. Ran dedicated graph wiring with switch. That is really about it for me. I think you and I did good purchasing these boats. I would of spent high 70s to 80s with other brands and got away with getting a loaded premium boat for $60. Oh yea, three 100amp Battle Born lithiums and a Ramp and Clamp.

Not sure what bugs you had but so far my only bugs are getting the rod tubes out so I can get more rods in, removing some of the center storage tackle management plexiboard, ordering a new plexiglass bow console so I could put my graph up on its original mount to get the trolling motor cable off the graph's face and get it to run under it. Ran dedicated graph wiring with switch. That is really about it for me. I think you and I did good purchasing these boats. I would of spent high 70s to 80s with other brands and got away with getting a loaded premium boat for $60. Oh yea, three 100amp Battle Born lithiums and a Ramp and Clamp.
    I had a leak around the drain plus wasnt sealed corectly, I put some fleka seal and its fixed. The prop was pitched too high , talked to owner of falcon after multiple test troubleshooting, sent me new Fury 23P, runks like a champ now, fuel spewed out 2 times from pressure (see what warmer air temps do this summer), then the NMEA which isnt Falcons fault. I also bought a ramp n clamp but have yet to install , waiting on that. Yes, the trolling motor cable is a pain, I keep pushing down as well.. what did you do to fix that? I also modified the port side rod holder, holds well over 23 rods plus some now. Havent messed with center compartment, love the setup. Rides well, runs well, and yes I agree I think the price for what you get is well worth it.

2019 Falcon 195
    Helix 9 DI (Bow)
    MK Ultrex 80lb
    NMEA 2k

11. Member
    2018 F205 -- hull and top cap is solid with tons of storage. Have around 25hrs on it now but so far only recall/repair work has been all on the merc pro xs 4 stroke 250. Came with tempest 24, Didn't have a hole shot so Steven at Falcon had the dealer put a 23 fury and she will run now. Med/heavy load with 25gal gas and water in wells she will run 74.6 GPS at 5300 rpm. Custom service at Falcon is absolutely phenomenal!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12