Banned

Broussard area food

Oklahoma guy working in Broussard were would you guys recommend for some cajun food?

2. Member
    Drive a bit farther south to New Iberia and there are several places I'd recommend. Turn on 14 east (pretty much the main drag in town) and go a ways. Duffy's is on the left. They serve good food and the place is decorated in a 50's motif. Or go west to Abbeville about 14 miles and look for Richard's Seafood Patio. Best seafood buffet I've tried. Also, further down 90 about 2 more exits; there is a place in with a Mobile Station. I probably will spell this wrong but it's Billeaux's #2. Maybe Billeaud's...really not sure. Awesome plate lunches. They have a place in either Broussard or Lafayette but am not sure where and haven't tried it.

3. Banned
    Thanks I'll give them a try

4. Member
    Billys Boudin at the scott exit om I 10, pepper jack stuffed boudin balls.

5. Member
    Can't go wrong with R and M Boiling point in New Iberia for crawfish .

6. Member
    PoBoy's Riverside Inn. Flounder extravaganza is awesome. It's topped with crabmeat and crawfish.

7. Member
    I used to travel all over the state working. I always found the food in the Lafayette area MUCH better than that around New Orleans. I'm sure some of that is the seasoning but not all. One of my biggest disappointments was when we had a job down in the Lafitte area. Restaurant literally bordering the gulf and the food was terrible.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Clif View Post
    I used to travel all over the state working. I always found the food in the Lafayette area MUCH better than that around New Orleans. I'm sure some of that is the seasoning but not all. One of my biggest disappointments was when we had a job down in the Lafitte area. Restaurant literally bordering the gulf and the food was terrible.
    New Orleans food is made too spicy because that's what they think the tourists want. Lafayette has more of a Creole influence.

Hook & Boil, and LT's in Broussard are both good

10. Member
    Billeaud’s 3. Across from Le Triompe.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BARRY J View Post
    New Orleans food is made too spicy because that's what they think the tourists want. Lafayette has more of a Creole influence.
    Wasn't spicy..just nasty.

I actually prefer a bit of a kick but not so hot it hurts.

12. Member
    1. Riverside
    2. Fezzo's
    3. LT's