VesselView Mobile Help

Need help finding the correct plug in for the VesselView mobile module......it’s a 2019 Mercury Pro XS 250 4 stroke serial no. 2B599180....I found a plug with a red cap on the back of the engine behind a plastic cover but I’m not sure it’s the correct one. Thanks

2. Member
    That's the one I used and it works great.

3. Member
    I had the exact same problem with my 200 hp merc proxs 4 stroke last week. My issue was that I didn’t read “all” of the instructions and couldn’t figure out how to get the red terminator cap onto the pig tail end of the module. The pig tail end of the module has a terminator cap that you have to remove as well. Once you get that removed the red cap should go right on.
    “Without uncompromising faith, no miracle can ever occur.” - Stan Kellner

4. Member
    I’m glad someone else didn’t find to be perfectly straight forward to install. I installed mine on 150 4 stroke. Don’t really know how valuable the info will be, but it gave me a winter project while there is 2 ft of ice on the lake.

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KJW83 View Post
    Need help finding the correct plug in for the VesselView mobile module......it’s a 2019 Mercury Pro XS 250 4 stroke serial no. 2B599180....I found a plug with a red cap on the back of the engine behind a plastic cover but I’m not sure it’s the correct one. Thanks
    That's correct- good job!

Neat unit... we already have seen several coming up where folks chose us as the preferred dealer (meaning we can see fault info in many cases, if needed).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish Hog Pa View Post
    Don"t mean to high jack this thread but it did say Vessel View help so I posted my question here

Installed vessel view on new 2019 40 hp. I did not even start the engine just turned the key to on to connect the device to my phone and after connecting I noticed there was a fault logged say "Horn" I posted this on another thread and EuropeanAM suggested I post here. There is no "test beep" when keyed up so I looked in the owners manual under operation and it did not mention anything about an audible sound during starting. Thanks for any help. Below is EuropeanAMs response from the other post

Does your warning horn sound a "test beep" at keyup? The PCM runs a test on the horn- not only to sound the horn, but to verify the resistance value seen on the circuit.

If the fault is displayed as active- there is indeed a problem in the circuit. Good idea to open a separate thread in the 4-stroke forum if you need assistance with that item.
    Please take a moment to review the Announcements at the top of the forum. Open a separate thread and be sure to provide the Required Info for assistance. Thanks!

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor