Thread: Kissimmee Lake

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Manatee Mauler View Post
    Just left Kiss. Problem with that place is it has turned into a resort for KY and yankee's. Cant even get a room unless you book it a year out because all yall out of towners. My buddy came down last minute to fish a TX and had to turn around and go home because there were not any rooms available due to tags that read Id , Oh KY ect. When I was younger ( late 80's and 90"s) he would call me up and say lets go to Kiss for a few days just on a whim. Yall out of towners have taken that "privilege" away.
    Push for legislation changes then, we did that in Canada for waterfowling purposes. We had so manyAmericans here leasing spots that the average guy here couldn’t go for a duckhunt without shelling out $$$ which is illegal. When nonresidents want to duck/goose hunt they are limited to the numberof days now.Trespassing is still a problem along with not picking up hulls as well as carcass dumping but the illegalguiding has slow down.

2. Member
    Just left Kiss. Problem with that place is it has turned into a resort for KY and yankee's. Cant even get a room unless you book it a year out because all yall out of towners. My buddy came down last minute to fish a TX and had to turn around and go home because there were not any rooms available due to tags that read Id , Oh KY ect. When I was younger ( late 80's and 90"s) he would call me up and say lets go to Kiss for a few days just on a whim. Yall out of towners have taken that "privilege" away.
    We need to raise the price of non-resident fishing licenses to $50 a day

3. Member
    We have a place on Kissimmee down the road from Camp Mack. My normal routine was to go there 3-4 days a week to fish then go home and return the following week. It has gotten worse there for the above reasons every year. We are putting our place up for sale. It is just not worth it anymore..

4. Member
    Dang you guys are making me feel bad. I have drug my boat down there a few times and have enjoyed YOUR resource but I have never abused it and have always been respectful to it. But I understand your pain....the same thing happens here during deer season. We get a huge influx of out-of-towners and it can get ugly...but I know that it only takes one bad one to make them all look bad. I wish it wasn't this way for you guys.

5. Member
    If the "Chic' keeps doing what it's doing, maybe they will divert to Tennessee? There have been 28 Ten pound + fish caught since Jan 1 documented on FishDayton.com- hottest lake in the country. Also, considering the shape George and south of there, the other lakes are having to consume the people that would normally be on the river. It is crowded everywhere. I couldn't believe the size of the Virginia/North Carolina convention going on at Kenansville a few weeks ago. I had never seen so many people on that lake- not by a long shot.

6. Banned
    Its just a matter of simple math. There are only so many fish to divide up that get split up and the more boats equal fewer fish per boat. They get ran over all day by trolling motors and the water gets cloudy making fishing chitty. The fish get spooky and gun shy. Its just toooo crowded. One can respect the fishery but sheer #'s degrade the catch ratio per boat, especially when your dealing with bedding fish.

7. Member
    I agree and disagree with Mauler. I agree the lakes are getting too crowded but the boat traffic has less effect on the fish the way he described it. Just last weekend I took my 89 year old neighbor fishing on a local chain of lakes a half mile from my house. The traffic with bass boats, plow boats (wave jumpers), ski boats, runabouts, etc. were outrageous. All coming as close as 50 feet from my boat at times. We were able to catch more than 60 bass in 4 hours with some bass between 3 and 7 lbs. It was a good morning fishing accept for the boat traffic. This is normal weekend boat traffic on this chain of lakes. Sometimes the problem I run into will be people already fishing were I would like to fish and having to wait for them to move so I can fish the same area.

8. Derek McCullough
    I find this funny. My home lake is Chickamauga but I am a FL native and come down to camp mack every year with my son for his spring break and if you guys think Kissimmee is over crowded come up to Chickamauga, you have no idea. Every boat ramp, every day of the week is packed by day light, it's ridiculous. I agree with where you guys are coming from but I think Chickamauga and Guntersville are way more crowded with out of towners.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by derek81 View Post
    I find this funny. My home lake is Chickamauga but I am a FL native and come down to camp mack every year with my son for his spring break and if you guys think Kissimmee is over crowded come up to Chickamauga, you have no idea. Every boat ramp, every day of the week is packed by day light, it's ridiculous. I agree with where you guys are coming from but I think Chickamauga and Guntersville are way more crowded with out of towners.
    That is what I have been hearing from my friends up there. Luckily we have a ton of water down here and I have been taking my 14' aluminum out a lot more these days to avoid what is being described.

10. Member
    Think they used to stay other places and spread out more. But they have sprayed most other lakes to death. Kiss chain still has some.
    1996 Stratos 201 pro xl
    1996 Johnson Faststrike J150GLEDB

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by B-47 View Post
    I agree and disagree with Mauler. I agree the lakes are getting too crowded but the boat traffic has less effect on the fish the way he described it. Just last weekend I took my 89 year old neighbor fishing on a local chain of lakes a half mile from my house. The traffic with bass boats, plow boats (wave jumpers), ski boats, runabouts, etc. were outrageous. All coming as close as 50 feet from my boat at times. We were able to catch more than 60 bass in 4 hours with some bass between 3 and 7 lbs. It was a good morning fishing accept for the boat traffic. This is normal weekend boat traffic on this chain of lakes. Sometimes the problem I run into will be people already fishing were I would like to fish and having to wait for them to move so I can fish the same area.
    I'm speaking of spawning flats that average two-4 ft deep where fish are bedding or looking to bed. Try and sight fish after 20 boats stirred up the silt on the bottom. Better yet, try fishing an area that those damn air boats loaded with 10 yankee tourist run over... like the back water trail on Kissimmee.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamblerman65 View Post
    We have a place on Kissimmee down the road from Camp Mack. My normal routine was to go there 3-4 days a week to fish then go home and return the following week. It has gotten worse there for the above reasons every year. We are putting our place up for sale. It is just not worth it anymore..
    Would you have a problem selling to a guy from KY?
    I don't eat bass and i won't take up more than one truck and boat slip. I promise...
    I will also bitch and moan everyime i see a out of state tag at the ramp. No matter if they are law abidding or not.

BB1

I have a small club Tx next weekend out of camp mac... looks like i will be sleeping in my truck. No rooms available.
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!

14. Member
    Having had the pleasure of fishing all over the country and overseas I can at least FL has a lot of places one can escape to even during bedding season. My wife and I have spent a lot of nights on the St. Johns main river never seeing a boat. For me, I really enjoy getting on a river or lake after 3 pm in late spring and early summer when everyone is leaving. Tourism dollars and TX money drives a lot. Do not think I am making a point but FL still offers an escape if one wants to find it.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion922 View Post
    Having had the pleasure of fishing all over the country and overseas I can at least FL has a lot of places one can escape to even during bedding season. My wife and I have spent a lot of nights on the St. Johns main river never seeing a boat. For me, I really enjoy getting on a river or lake after 3 pm in late spring and early summer when everyone is leaving. Tourism dollars and TX money drives a lot. Do not think I am making a point but FL still offers an escape if one wants to find it.
    Thanks for welcoming me and my father down. You showed us a lot. I wish there were more genuine people like you.

16. Banned
    [QUOTE=cwilt;10106709]I have a small club Tx next weekend out of camp mac... looks like i will be sleeping in my truck. No rooms available.[/

Call them during the week in case of a cancellation, I was lucky enough to get last Thursday and Friday after being told "Sold Out".

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by abianca99 View Post
    Thanks for welcoming me and my father down. You showed us a lot. I wish there were more genuine people like you.
    Anytime it is what I enjoy the most. Like I mentioned maybe next year you stay at my place and we run the river... Have a safe trip back really wish I could have been home.

Quote Originally Posted by EL Skeeter View Post
    Call them during the week in case of a cancellation, I was lucky enough to get last Thursday and Friday after being told "Sold Out".
    Been trying all week. I will try again next week also.
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!

19. Member
    sounds like your buddy needs to plan a little better.

BB1

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cwilt View Post
    I have a small club Tx next weekend out of camp mac... looks like i will be sleeping in my truck. No rooms available.
    There is a USCG military tournament going on wed, thurs and Friday this week. Probably be about 40 teams fishing out of camp mack all week.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast