Thread: Fuel pump

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickybobby View Post
    The dealer checked all of the above when the new ignition system was installed or that's what I was told any way and I do trust them.I carried it back to them today to make sure there wasn't a faulty part that was installed but everything checked out ok there pointing it back to a fuel problem that being in the carbs which have a fresh rebuild.But they did have a spare set laying around to try before going back through them again.So I don't have a hard copy of the manual just the downloaded one.
    "The dealer checked all of the above", I will not waste any more of your time asking questions. Good luck.
    Last edited by 316jughead; 03-13-2019 at 04:18 AM.

2. Member
    TaterJones posted them for me,so not sure if you had a chance to check out video 2 yet ?
    Sounds like a cold motor in Quikstart, running lean and I think I heard it slowly die out. Fred or others can help.

3. "OVER THE LINE SMOKEY!" headhigh's Avatar
    Thank you I have the downloaded one is different or is the hard manual more detailes if so I'll take you up on your offer!!
    The downloaded manual is the same as the hardcopy, as long as it is an OMC manual.
    1998 Ranger R93
    1998 Mercury 200 EFI

"Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness."

4. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Just something to check, on both sides of the coils make sure the high tension orange wires are correct coming from the power pack to the coils. orange/blue on the top two, orange on the middle coils and orange/green on the bottom two. It is easy to do on those packs to get them crossed up also trace out the plug to coil wires and make sure you don't have one crossed..Quick easy check.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 316jughead View Post
    Sounds like a cold motor in Quikstart, running lean and I think I heard it slowly die out. Fred or others can help.
    When they pulled the plugs yesterday there were 2 cylinders thay were running lean that's what kept pointing them to the carbs ,should have the spare ones they let me try by may be this afternoon will hopefully have a positive update thanks again...

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    Just something to check, on both sides of the coils make sure the high tension orange wires are correct coming from the power pack to the coils. orange/blue on the top two, orange on the middle coils and orange/green on the bottom two. It is easy to do on those packs to get them crossed up also trace out the plug to coil wires and make sure you don't have one crossed..Quick easy check.
    I will definitely recheck this before cranking after new carbs install thanks again.....

7. Member
    I will definitely recheck this before cranking after new carbs install thanks again.....
    I thought your dealer had checked all of that out.

8. Member
    [QUOTE=316jughead;10118766]I thought your dealer had checked
    Well it doesn't hurt to recheck it and if the carbs doesn't fix I'll have to recheck everything thing again so when your tired,of something you really don't want to fool with it anymore this has been going on for 3 months but thanks for your help

9. Member
    Alright got the other set of carbs installed and it actually idles really well on its on after a bit which seems to be an improvement from are last episode no carb caugh and then dying out it'll run on its on with no issues but when you try to rev it or put in gear it boggs out put it back in gear and push the choke in it goes which gives its fuel back to idling smooth and you could hold the bubble and and feel the fuel leave causing the bubble to go soft so it seems like it's not keeping enough fuel in the system to keep it running when you try to advance the throttle is possible that both pick ups in the tanks are bad because after seeing things it appears this boat sat up for quite some time,were going to try and put it on a small jug tomorrow and by pass the tanks to see before we pull the seat back out or are we missing something simple.

10. Member
    Alright got the other set of carbs installed and it actually idles really well on its on after a bit which seems to be an improvement from are last episode no carb caugh and then dying out it'll run on its on with no issues but when you try to rev it or put in gear it boggs out put it back in gear and push the choke in it goes which gives its fuel back to idling smooth and you could hold the bubble and and feel the fuel leave causing the bubble to go soft so it seems like it's not keeping enough fuel in the system to keep it running when you try to advance the throttle is possible that both pick ups in the tanks are bad because after seeing things it appears this boat sat up for quite some time,were going to try and put it on a small jug tomorrow and by pass the tanks to see before we pull the seat back out or are we missing something simple.
    Did you do a sync and link after installing the new carbs?

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by taterjones View Post
    Did you do a sync and link after installing the new carbs?
    Well crap I thought once it was set it was set didn't think I needed to do that I'll try that this afternoon thanks for the help

12. Member
    Well crap I thought once it was set it was set didn't think I needed to do that I'll try that this afternoon thanks for the help
    Maybe you don't...? IDK lol

13. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Did you install 1991 carbs and throttle bodies on it or a newer version?

14. Member
    I got them from my dealer and im not sure I'll have to ask to see if he knows but the bowls are still the plastic ones and looks identical if this identifying

15. Member
    Is there any markings on them that would tell what year or model there from?

16. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Look at the face of the carbs if they have two brass jets those are from 1991-1994 on the left side of the carb throat. If there is only one then they are from 94 and up as they have an adjustable idle.

17. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar

18. Member
    Look at the face of the carbs if they have two brass jets those are from 1991-1994 on the left side of the carb throat. If there is only one then they are from 94 and up as they have an adjustable idle.
    Son says yes they do have the brass 2 jets so I guess that eliminates that.

19. Member
    Ok will recheck wasn't sure once it was set it was good from there like I said was so hopefully that'll work thanks again

20. Member
    Alright it seems the motor has gotten out of time since being set at dealer and it seems that a Phillips head screw is holding that in plastic which seems mighty easy to keep backing out and getting out of time is this correct if so what can I do to stop this from happening and from the line at the bubble where it goes into the bottom of Cal there's a clear looking glass that you can see fuel but sometimes while it's running it causes a void creating a air pocket is this normal if not what needs to be done it does on the boat tanks and a jug tank by it self.Wasn't able to set timing due to weather and is there anything that I should do special or watch for when setting timing or just follow manual thanks for the help

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast