Sturgeon Bay questions

I am looking at coming to this area with my son for a mid may trip and was wondering about where is the best place to launch a boat, If there are any areas where a person should stay away from. Also, Any suggestions on lodging?

I have been looking online at VRBO type stuff already. Thanks in Advance!

2. Member
    Depening on where you want to fish and how the weather is, I like the Quarry launch on Sturgeon Bay. It is super nice and big and you can zip right across the bay to Sawyer Harbor which is a bed fishing hot spot. The launch in Little Sturgeon is nice and big too if you want to go that route. if the weather is good, it is not a bad boat ride to either area.
    2020 Triton TRX19- Mercury 225 ProXs 4s
    Solix 12 MSI Console, Solix 12MDI Bow
    Helix 9 Mega 360 Bow
    Garmin 106sv Livescope Bow
    Ultrex, Dual 8' Power Pole Blades
    2022 Silverado
    Member of Skoolin' Bass Anglers and Wolf River Bass Club

3. Member
    We will just coming up to try and catch some of those brown fish that seem to be in abundance up there, Just a fun trip with my son and a buddy of his

A State Park sticker will get you into Potawatomi State Park in Sawyer Harbor. Great launch, and sheltered in wind. Sawyer is always fishable if the wind blows, too.

Sticker gets you into Peninsula State Park, too, if you want to fish the Fish Creek area.

5. Member
    Sent you an IM...one more thing I'll add is go to the Grey stone Castle in Sturgeon Bay for dinner/lunch and get the prime rib sandwich and onion rings...you won't regret it!!!!

6. Member
    2nd Greaystone castle!!! Instead of VRBO, check out Cha-let hotel, good price and ample boat parking. I like the quary launch, you can go south if the weather is good and the flats are right there.

7. Member
    Thanks for the information guys! really appreciate it!!

8. Member
    good advice, not sure the going rate at sand bay resort but its on the water and the guy who owns it is a guide also.
    98 Ra​nger R93
    00 Evinrude 175hp Ficht
    HB Helix 12 Mega DI G4N
    HB Helix 12 Mega SI G4N
    HB Helix 10 Mega SI G2N
    Mega 360
    Mega Live

9. Member
    I've stayed at Sand Bay Resort and it is a nice place but no bar or restaurant or boat ramp. This is why I stay at Beach Harbor Resort, it's right on the shipping channel that has allot of options for fishing, everything you need in one place.

Quote Originally Posted by FTC View Post
    I've stayed at Sand Bay Resort and it is a nice place but no bar or restaurant or boat ramp. This is why I stay at Beach Harbor Resort, it's right on the shipping channel that has allot of options for fishing, everything you need in one place.
    Sand Bay Resort is al of 5 minutes to the Little Sturgeon Launch, which has a bar also at Wave Point Marina right next to the launch. Just saying that nothing is to far from anywhere really up in the Door.
    Steve
    2006 BassCat Puma
    2006 Yamaha 250 HPDI
    Team Daiwa!

11. Member
    I've stayed at Sand Bay Resort once and although they advertise as fisherman friendly, it was not a good place to be staying on Memorial Day weekend. Parking with a trailer was a total nightmare! Like to the point where we were having to jackknife trailers into single stalls, unhook the boat, and park the truck elsewhere. That also made for interesting departures in the mornings too trying to get the boat hooked up and out of the lot. Once Monday afternoon came around when all of the non-fishing vehicles headed south back to their home state, parking was a breeze for the next day and a half that we were still there. So, depending on when a guy is going, there may be other options that are more "boat/trailer friendly".

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscubs1 View Post
    2nd Greaystone castle!!! Instead of VRBO, check out Cha-let hotel, good price and ample boat parking. I like the quary launch, you can go south if the weather is good and the flats are right there.
    Chal-A is a nice place to stay with good boat parking, pretty close to the Quarry launch and walking distance to Culvers.