Recessed TM Tray Help - Tracker 170

Hi Everyone - I have a 2015 Tracker pro 170 and just installed a 24V MK Maxxum. Since there was no access to unbolt the old TM without removing the whole deck and since a recessed tray has always been on my wish list, I pulled the trigger. The only thing I am getting stuck on is how to run the drain tube. I've searched around here and can't find much detail on the drain. I've read some boats have some sort of pipe below the foam you can tap into. Do Trackers have this too or can I just run straight down through the foam to the bottom? I am not familiar with layout under there and don't want water going where it's not supposed to. In the pics you can see I tried going straight down but my spade bit was too short and I never hit bottom. Then I started going back and to the left, which would have gone towards the rod locker, but I got a little nervous and decided to get some input before removing additional foam.

Do i just need to reach bottom or does it need to go somewhere in particular? I would appreciate any thoughts!
    Attached Images Attached Images

What I see. Is you would need to go though the foam, back to the front deck bulkhead. That’s where the foam will stop. Then go to a open center section. That will be hull to the bilge. Going straight down though the foam. Will only get you to the hull, with foam all around. You definitely don’t want to drain on or in the foam.

Have an adventure everyday !
    2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.