Berkely X5 Braid?

Any body used Berkely X5? X9? Im looking for a good castable braid. Been rather disappointed with spider wire, fireline, 832, etc. just want to find a good braid for flipping but also for long casting when the cover changes.

2. Member
    Just filled couple reels with X9. Have not been able to use it yet.
    Semper Fi

3. Member
    bump .... interested as well
    Phoenix 721 - Yamaha SHO 250 - 8' Blades

4. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    What disappointed you about the Spiderwire, Fireline & 832? If you’re fishing around wood you won’t find a braid that you like because it acts like a saw around wood! I use 832 in 40lb on most set ups, 65 on frog and flipping but if I’m flipping wood it’s simply horrible!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

5. Member
    #20 floro or #17-20 P-Line XXX for flipping wood!

6. Member
    For flipping i like 832 a lot, and i haven't tried firewire or spider wire in years, to much fraying when they first came out, not sure what they are like now, wish I had more experience, but this crap is expensive so Im looking for something I can cast. I just don't like the 832 when casting, seems to not cast very far, plus lots of slack that you have to take in all the time. Just looking for a good castable braid line that flips well too.

7. Member
    Don't have room or money for thirty rods set up for specific things. I would keep 832 on all my reels for flipping, just wondering about how this new berkeley line casts. Not a brand snob at all, just want the option of casting with braid. Maybe my 832 is just spooled too loose. I think my 832 is 40# also. But like i said flipping with it is great, never a problem.