Thread: Fishing License

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I went by the evil empire of Wal-Mart and bought my 3 year resident fishing license and it was $55. They done exactly what a person would do from home. They have a computer they keep logged into KDFW. They took my drivers license and filled out everything just as if it was me doing it from home. The only difference is when it came time to check out and pay I paid at the register instead of tying in my card information online. The only advantage I see doing it this way is the $ transaction is more secure and I saved printing the paper from my home computer. In years past your license was printed on a water resistant paper and now its just regular paper. I suppose I will laminate mine to make them waterproof.

On an odd note...when he handed my my license I looked at them to ensure they were a three year license and noticed it said "2019 Licence Year March 1st, 2019 - February 29, 2020". However below that it said 3 year fishing license (year 1) with today's date and a authorization code. I was told that next year come March 1st I would have to go online and enter the authorization code and print (year 2) license and there would be no cost. It just seems odd they did not go ahead and put all three years on the license. It plainly states date of purchase and amount paid plus its a three year license but yet its only good for 1 year...just seems odd

I also learned something talking the the gentleman at Wal-Mart. If you ever lose your license you can go online and print another set for no charge. The reason it only took him a minute to get my license is because I was already in the system. A person can look up what year they bought a hunting or fishing license plus many other things. I could see information from several years ago where I used the telecheck system to call in deer and turkey I killed many years ago and I have not hunted in 10 or more years. Apparently Big Brother has been keeping up with me and I did not even know it

As long as you have the authorization code and a pictures ID you’re good to go. You would be surprised who all keeps up with you. I get an E-mail from Alabama and Tennessee every year reminding me that my license are about to expire. All I have to do is click the link they provide and all my info is already there, all I have to do is select how I’m going to pay.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JR19 View Post
    I went by the evil empire of Wal-Mart and bought my 3 year resident fishing license and it was $55. They done exactly what a person would do from home. They have a computer they keep logged into KDFW. They took my drivers license and filled out everything just as if it was me doing it from home. The only difference is when it came time to check out and pay I paid at the register instead of tying in my card information online. The only advantage I see doing it this way is the $ transaction is more secure and I saved printing the paper from my home computer. In years past your license was printed on a water resistant paper and now its just regular paper. I suppose I will laminate mine to make them waterproof.

On an odd note...when he handed my my license I looked at them to ensure they were a three year license and noticed it said "2019 Licence Year March 1st, 2019 - February 29, 2020". However below that it said 3 year fishing license (year 1) with today's date and a authorization code. I was told that next year come March 1st I would have to go online and enter the authorization code and print (year 2) license and there would be no cost. It just seems odd they did not go ahead and put all three years on the license. It plainly states date of purchase and amount paid plus its a three year license but yet its only good for 1 year...just seems odd

I also learned something talking the the gentleman at Wal-Mart. If you ever lose your license you can go online and print another set for no charge. The reason it only took him a minute to get my license is because I was already in the system. A person can look up what year they bought a hunting or fishing license plus many other things. I could see information from several years ago where I used the telecheck system to call in deer and turkey I killed many years ago and I have not hunted in 10 or more years. Apparently Big Brother has been keeping up with me and I did not even know it
    Tennessee had been like that for years, always thought their system was better when I was purchasing a license from them. Here's a guide for annual and single/multiple day license fees

https://lakerecord.net/2018/12/20/fi...ate-breakdown/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12