Power Post - Drift Paddles

I am about to put 1 power pole on my boat. It's all I can afford to do at the moment and quite honest 1 worked just fine for me on my last boat anyways. My question is...I never had a drift paddle attachment.

My question is, has anyone ever had just one drift paddle? Does it work with just one?

2. Member
    I have had one for 3 yrs putting another one on this year the paddle does work but it always pulls the front around to one side so you have to keep adjusting with the motor but it does slow u down

3. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. View Post
    I have had one for 3 yrs putting another one on this year the paddle does work but it always pulls the front around to one side so you have to keep adjusting with the motor but it does slow u down
    this , you will have to do alot of corrections with the trolling motor ... but does what its intended to do slow your drift. If WE havent priced poles for any of you you may be surprised what you can afford.

4. Member
    I added them and am gonna try them this weekend.

5. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by javelin90 View Post
    I added them and am gonna try them this weekend.
    do note that you must turn them to the side before getting on plane. alot of people do not realize this and do not like having to re adjust them every time they stop and want to use them. they are an invaluble tool in alot of situations however.

6. Member
    I used paddles this past weekend and am impressed. I fish mostly in the wind. I like them so far no complaints...

7. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by javelin90 View Post
    I used paddles this past weekend and am impressed. I fish mostly in the wind. I like them so far no complaints...
    they do work well for sure

8. Member
    Yes I was able to use them and drift slow in the wind.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kandkkustomzhydrographics View Post
    do note that you must turn them to the side before getting on plane. alot of people do not realize this and do not like having to re adjust them every time they stop and want to use them. they are an invaluble tool in alot of situations however.
    I currently have 8' Sportsmans with paddles. I have to turn mine to the side to get on plane. Is this necessary if you have the 10' paddles as well? or is the paddle far enough out of the water to leave them perpendicular to the motor all the time?