Question Precision Sonar SmartBracket universal mount?

Anyone running the Precision Sonar, SmartBracket single unit mount on their Cats? Looking to pull my in dash mounted Helix 10 of the dash. Wondering how they hold up long term and do the vibrate (shake) while running? My last Eyra (2011) had a home made carbon fiber bracket holding a HDS 12 that was similar to the SmartBracket and I really liked the easy removal of the graph.

2. Member
    I've got one on my Lynx. They are rock solid! Give Randy a call and he will let you know exactly what you need.

3. Member
    I have one on my Eyra and love it. It's rock solid and I can fit just about any size unit and any brand. Been using it for over 3 years and not one issue, it's solid as a rock.

4. Member
    I have one on my puma ftd. Had my carbon 12 mounted to it, but just received my new Live 16. Got my new bracket extension pieces in over the weekend and will be mounting everything up later this week.

Quote Originally Posted by crwood View Post
    I have one on my puma ftd. Had my carbon 12 mounted to it, but just received my new Live 16. Got my new bracket extension pieces in over the weekend and will be mounting everything up later this week.
    Any pics yet

6. Member
    I'll try and get some better pics this week. I took this one right after I got everything hooked up but was in a rush to get to the lake.

It does cover up my trim and water pressure gauges. I'd be lying if I said I ever looked at them anyway lol
    Attached Images Attached Images

Pics of Lynx?

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smbass77 View Post
    I have one on my Eyra and love it. It's rock solid and I can fit just about any size unit and any brand. Been using it for over 3 years and not one issue, it's solid as a rock.
    I am trying to use one on my 2019 Eyra and I'm finding out that I have to install a spacer under the steering wheel to get clearance for my hands and the face of the HDS12 carbon. Did you have the same problem?? Sure would like to see pictures of your setup. I am thinking about shortening the arms to move the depth finder closer to the console to get the clearance between the steering wheel and the HDS. If you have pictures text them to 417-894-1344... Thanks
    2019 Bass Cat Eyra
    Mercury 250 Pro SX
    4 Stroke 2B591496

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hekistner View Post
    I am trying to use one on my 2019 Eyra and I'm finding out that I have to install a spacer under the steering wheel to get clearance for my hands and the face of the HDS12 carbon. Did you have the same problem?? Sure would like to see pictures of your setup. I am thinking about shortening the arms to move the depth finder closer to the console to get the clearance between the steering wheel and the HDS. If you have pictures text them to 417-894-1344... Thanks

I have a Garmin 1040xs on my mount, 2014 Eyra. Plenty of clearance for my hands, but not sure if the Carbon HDS12 is wider than the Garmin?

10. Member
    https://precisionsonar.com/product-p...cket-bass-cat/

mine is the very last picture on the bottom of this page.