Keitech for bladed and swim jigs

What size do you use to put on chatterbaits and swim jigs???

3.5 swing impact

3. Member
    There’s a good tactical bassin vid on this

I use Rage Craws for my swim jigs and have had more success than using the paddle tails....but 3.5 would be the size.
    Boatless

5. Member
    Rig it upside down, otherwise it really restricts the freedom of movement of a bladed jig. But I've gone away from boot-tail swimbaits for trailers on bladed jigs and began using baits like a Raz R Shad, Zako, Blade Minnow, or if you can find any, a Havoc Devil Spear rigged sideways. Lots of underwater videos and tactical basin does a good job explaining why they went away from using a boot-tail trailer like a Keitech. Or if they do use it, it's not without modification. One more thing on bladed jig trailers, don't overlook a Fluke style bait either. I'm sure other guys will chime in soon about using craw style trailers as well.

A 3.8 size is typically what I use on a swim jig, but if I want or need to keep it higher in the water column, I'll go to a 4.3 and cut off a half inch or so of the head. For an aggressive kick the fat impact 3.8/4.3 is great, but for a more finesse approach a Grass Pig is a good option.

6. Member
    The small size (or big size cut down if needed) Zoom Fluke Stick works really well..Rig it with the tail horizontal or vertical..

7. Member
    Swim jigs I use a rage menace, bladed jigs are Zako, the original z-man split tail or (thanks to a large stockpile) Havoc subwoofer. I have some devils spears too, but the subwoofer is better.
    2001 Champion 187 Yamaha 175
    12' Talons, Lithiums and Garmins
    All pulled by a Hemi

8. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    On bladed jigs I use the Zoom incredi craw because the vibration makes the little Craw habe lots of action but doesn’t interfere with the way the jackhammer works. On swim jigs I use a Rage Craw, rage menace, or 3.5-5” swimbait.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by M1RT View Post
    Rig it upside down, otherwise it really restricts the freedom of movement of a bladed jig. But I've gone away from boot-tail swimbaits for trailers on bladed jigs and began using baits like a Raz R Shad, Zako, Blade Minnow, or if you can find any, a Havoc Devil Spear rigged sideways. Lots of underwater videos and tactical basin does a good job explaining why they went away from using a boot-tail trailer like a Keitech. Or if they do use it, it's not without modification. One more thing on bladed jig trailers, don't overlook a Fluke style bait either. I'm sure other guys will chime in soon about using craw style trailers as well.

A 3.8 size is typically what I use on a swim jig, but if I want or need to keep it higher in the water column, I'll go to a 4.3 and cut off a half inch or so of the head. For an aggressive kick the fat impact 3.8/4.3 is great, but for a more finesse approach a Grass Pig is a good option.
    Glad you follow popular opinion. I should post pics where the bass didn't know that

10. Member
    [QUOTE=Big Guy;10087990]Glad you follow popular opinion. I should post pics where the bass didn't

That's awesome. Plenty of bass have been and will continue to be caught in that manner. I've caught plenty myself in that fashion as well.

My post was not intended to say that rigging a boot tail or keitech was ineffective, it was meant to share information regarding something that I've had success with, as well the actual physics and hydrodynamics related to the aforementioned trailers.

As an avid angler, I'd love to see photographs of your catch. It's always fun to see.

11. Banned
    [QUOTE=M1RT;10088368]
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Guy View Post
    Glad you follow popular opinion. I should post pics where the bass didn't

That's awesome. Plenty of bass have been and will continue to be caught in that manner. I've caught plenty myself in that fashion as well.

My post was not intended to say that rigging a boot tail or keitech was ineffective, it was meant to share information regarding something that I've had success with, as well the actual physics and hydrodynamics related to the aforementioned trailers.

As an avid angler, I'd love to see photographs of your catch. It's always fun to see.
    Not mocking you RT. When I first decided to throw a chatterbait until I caught a fish on it...I always put a 3.8 fat swing impact on. Killed em. Now I try everything mentioned and they all work. Well they bounce on the ice right now but you know that feeling

12. Member
    3.8 "

Allen

13. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    The 3.8 bps is so much cheaper than Keitechs though!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

Bass Assassin makes a decent Kietech copy as well, I use it sometimes on non-tournament days. Just not as stinky :).