Motor swap hpdi to four stroke

Swapping from a 2008 200 hpdi to a 2019 150 four stroke do I have to change out control's? If so what all has to be changed?

Everything will swap over but don't know what you have for a tachometer ? If you have a Yamaha multi function tach do yourself a favor and put a new one in to give yourself a zero start on hrs.
    Proud Army Dad

3. Member
    Ok thanks

4. Member
    Just curious why you're going from a 200hp down to a 150hp?

5. Member
    You can always plumb the new motor to an NEMA 2000 device and see hours on the engine's ECU. Then just ignore the hours that are on a Yamaha tachometer, if you have one.

I also am curious about going down in power. That will be an expensive mistake if you are not happy with the new motor. And you will feel it every time you use the boat and motor.

6. Member
    It's a center console twin engine boat. Manufacturer recommend the 150's. The boat is a friend's just trying to get a little info for him.

7. Member
    I would suggest that you get as many different opinions if you can. Call some dealers. Check some other message boards.

The HPDI's are V6 models. The Yam F150's are I4's. They just won't have the low end ooomph that most folks want.

What is the maximum power that the boat is rated for?

8. Member
    Long live the 2-stroke

9. Member
    4-strokes are the future. I am going to hang onto my 2-stroke as long as I can. Lots more power and throttle response on a 4-stroke and better fuel economy.
    2-stroke rebuilds from what I have read here on BBC cheaper as 4-stroke blocks seem to cost about double. Also when I see an oil leak on my car I fix it. Whether it be a valve cover or seal. Long term use and high hours on a 4-stroke I can see the possibility of it developing oil leaks.
    Just my two cents.