2002 200XL EFI NO CRANK

Serial # OT445359
    Started the engine a month ago, idled rough for about 10-15 seconds, it was a cold start.I let it die on its on,tried to restart and it hasn't started back yet. Engine spins over fine,I have fuel to the connector at the base of the cowling, bulb is firm and spark at the plugs, I've run out of idea's.. Please help, Thanks

2. Member
    What is the fuel pressure reading?

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Have to check all of the basics- Compression, Spark and Fuel Quality, Delivery, and PRESSURE.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Member
    Thanks will do

5. Member
    OK, Thanks, will check all and advise

6. Member
    Hey Don, thanks for the reply. How do you check the pressure if the engine won't start ?

7. Member
    Turn the key ON.

8. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Correct- Fuel pump should initialize for a short time at key-up (even though the engine hasn't started).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

9. Member
    Thanks guys, it was the fuel pump