Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jcyoung517 View Post
    First of all, listen to me I'm not offended! But what I find amusing is how you guys think that everyone comes to screw over the state of Florida..Example.. traffic..overcrowding..lines everywhere.. If you would pickup a paper or flip on the national news and stop feeling sorry for yourselves because you live in Florida you would see it happens all over America!! the population is growing guys!!!
    The great lakes, East coast ,west coast. algae blooms all over, its everywhere. Yes, its not the Florida of decades past.. but there is hardly anywhere that is
    Spot on. These Floridian crybabies should come to my home Lake Guntersville or Chickamauga this weekend. I’ve seen tags as far away as from NY, California, Washington and Oregon. Northern carpetbaggers and scallywags everywhere. And they want to grow the sport? More and more fishermen. Same amount of lakes. Instead of crying on a bass boat forum, some folks should spend their time with a Florida wildlife officers and lobby for stricter rules. Until then, a keeper is a keeper. I had some Alabama a hole badgering me about putting a 6 pound smallmouth in the livewell for pictures. I told him if he didn’t shut up I was going to kill it instead of shoot pictures and release. He shut up. If Florida really wants to help, they need to start by quitting letting all the people from foreign countries in first.
    Last edited by Basswhippa; 03-07-2019 at 08:34 PM.

2. Member
    I have a place on St. John’s my wife and I spend the winter here.But I will say this I can’t tell you the last time I kept a fish bass or otherwise here or anywhere else for that matter. I know some like to paint with a broad brush but not all of us are here to rape the resources. Not only that but if I witnessed some of the things you guys see I would be pissed myself and have to speak up. The bottom line is there is just a whole lot of people that are just freaking idiots plain and simple.

3. Member
    I’m from Illinois got back from Florida a couple weeks ago from a few days of nicer weather. Got to even fish for a day with a guide. Believe it or not I never kept a fish wouldn’t have even dreamed of keeping one. I would also bet some good money that most of you complaining have eat more bass in the last 30 years than I have but that’s another story. I’ve worked my butt off for 37 years,finally retired, and have the money to go fishing in Florida or anyplace else in the United States I want. As an American I have that right! Say what you want about out of staters I understand wanting to protect the fish but not everybody is rapping your fisheries I don’t want to kill em I want just to catch em I’ve earned the chance and by being a United States citizen I have the right.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Basswhippa View Post
    Spot on. These Floridian crybabies should come to my home Lake Guntersville or Chickamauga this weekend. I’ve seen tags as far away as from NY, California, Washington and Oregon. Northern carpetbaggers and scallywags everywhere. And they want to grow the sport? More and more fishermen. Same amount of lakes. Instead of crying on a bass boat forum, some folks should spend their time with a Florida wildlife officers and lobby for stricter rules. Until then, a keeper is a keeper. I had some Alabama a hole badgering me about putting a 6 pound smallmouth in the livewell for pictures. I told him if he didn’t shut up I was going to kill it instead of shoot pictures and release. He shut up. If Florida really wants to help, they need to start by quitting letting all the people from foreign countries in first.
    You are now getting taste of what we have been experiencing for the last forty years. Hope you enjoy "sharing" your resources.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Basswhippa View Post
    I really love that last bit of racism you added to the end.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Arethaz View Post
    I really love that last bit of racism you added to the end.
    . Yeah, all that white Eurotrash you let in down there is awful. They come to vacation and next thing you know they buy a condo in Del Boca Vista and stay. You probably need to work on letting more minorities in. Enough crackers and snowbirds already.
    Last edited by Basswhippa; 03-08-2019 at 10:14 PM.

7. Member
    When I spoke of the Electric Fillet Knife not being able to keep up tp 350 fish a day, it wasn't Bass -although they keep the too- it was Specks and "Gills.

And that wasn't a Joke, the Guy actually said 350 Fish a Day. Group of 6 people- Husband and wife x's 3- and they all get a Fishing License. The wives for the most part don't fish but having a license means they can keep 50 Specks instead of 25 and 100 'Gills instead of 50.

So out on a Pontoon drifting Dexter they take home 350 fish. Then do it again and again and again.

I heard it all, freezing and filling 4,5,6 of those 120 quart coolers full to take back home. It does happen and happens a lot.

Personally I'd be just fine with the FWC changing the Rules to No Bass being Kept during Bedding Season from December to March.

8. Member
    At the rate things are going Florida will be a concrete jungle before we know it. Los Angeles here we come. Look at the Villages expansion, the Villages has hopped over the Florida Turnpike. Thounds and thounds of acres have been cleared and houses are already going up in less then a year. In the next 5 years the Villages will be nearing Bushnell. Check a map Lady Lake Florida to Bushnell Florida is one hell of a huge housing development.
    Brad Krone

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonBrad View Post
    At the rate things are going Florida will be a concrete jungle before we know it. Los Angeles here we come. Look at the Villages expansion, the Villages has hopped over the Florida Turnpike. Thounds and thounds of acres have been cleared and houses are already going up in less then a year. In the next 5 years the Villages will be nearing Bushnell. Check a map Lady Lake Florida to Bushnell Florida is one hell of a huge housing development.
    I could only imagine. I am a several generation Floridian and we left in 83' because we thought it was overcrowded then.

10. Member
    This post has been quite entertaining. By the way a group of my friends are coming next week to Florida to have "our way" with your fish. So will our money. We just like to catch them and not keep them.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tromanoski View Post
    This post has been quite entertaining. By the way a group of my friends are coming next week to Florida to have "our way" with your fish. So will our money. We just like to catch them and not keep them.
    We have no issue with good folks coming down and catching some fish, it just boils our blood when the main reason is to catch the biggest and most so they can take coolers full back with them, our resources are strained due to the incompetence of our FWC, we don't need any more help decimating the fish population. Hope you get yourselves some big ones.

12. Member
    We were down in February - catch and release. There was a large group of out of state fisherman we saw, and I think they kept every fish they landed.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadeye1 View Post
    When I spoke of the Electric Fillet Knife not being able to keep up tp 350 fish a day, it wasn't Bass -although they keep the too- it was Specks and "Gills.

And that wasn't a Joke, the Guy actually said 350 Fish a Day. Group of 6 people- Husband and wife x's 3- and they all get a Fishing License. The wives for the most part don't fish but having a license means they can keep 50 Specks instead of 25 and 100 'Gills instead of 50.

So out on a Pontoon drifting Dexter they take home 350 fish. Then do it again and again and again.

I heard it all, freezing and filling 4,5,6 of those 120 quart coolers full to take back home. It does happen and happens a lot.

Personally I'd be just fine with the FWC changing the Rules to No Bass being Kept during Bedding Season from December to March.
    If and when folks are doing this I report them, they are breaking the law. It is not a “partylimit” The license is for the specific person, you do not get to combine limits.

We have people doing this perch fishing here in Canada andwe report them every chance we get, its pure greed… We see guys get the wives a license as well as grandma and the kids who never put a line in the water.

14. Member
    Is it possible that when they go into livewell it is for a photo op? A lot of people like to show off 2 or 3 guys holding 4-6 bass

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jcyoung517 View Post
    Is it possible that when they go into livewell it is for a photo op? A lot of people like to show off 2 or 3 guys holding 4-6 bass
    Yes it IS possible.

But watching them filleting them back at the Fish Camp pretty much kills that line of thought.........

16. Member
    Well, IF you see them being cleaned then that's that.... I spend quite a bit of time at Lake Erie and Kentucky Lake and cleaning tables and buildings all around and I can honestly say I cant recall seeing anyone cutting up bass....perch, walleye and crappie and white bass all day long, I'm sure it happens...seems like a epidemic down there! Put a 18" limit on all lakes or catch and release

17. Member
    Seems like a lot of whining. People complain about killing bass but don’t worry about all the big fish that die at weigh ins all the time. It’s nothing to see several hundred fish weighed in on decent size tournaments and we all know that there is a good bit of mortality. During bedding season oodles of females are hauled off beds to weigh ins; what do you think the odds are that those fish carry out a successful spawn?
    Its easy to complain about everyone else and how they do things but sometimes a look in the mirror is pretty humbling.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by L&B200M View Post
    Seems like a lot of whining. People complain about killing bass but don’t worry about all the big fish that die at weigh ins all the time. It’s nothing to see several hundred fish weighed in on decent size tournaments and we all know that there is a good bit of mortality. During bedding season oodles of females are hauled off beds to weigh ins; what do you think the odds are that those fish carry out a successful spawn?
    Its easy to complain about everyone else and how they do things but sometimes a look in the mirror is pretty humbling.

I dont tourney fish but can safely say that the odds of those released fish have a much better chance of spawning then the ones that get filleted.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rocknemo View Post
    I dont tourney fish but can safely say that the odds of those released fish have a much better chance of spawning then the ones that get filleted.
    At least the ones that get filleted get eaten and don’t die for fun.

20. Member
    So you guys are upset that an out of state fishermen kept a couple of fish that were pretty decent by the sounds of it? I just got back from spring break with my family. My wife and I fished with a guide in the Orlando area on a large chain of lakes. We paid 34 dollars for our licenses and 325 dollars for our trip. We specifically went to catch a huge bass- something that is difficult in Michigan. We enjoy eating fish of all kinds, including bass, if we get one or two at home. I had no intentions of keeping on this trip, but don’t see a problem with taking one for a mount or to eat, albeit replica mounts are very nice. We had a great time longlining some shiners and got one close to five pounds. Those fish fight like hell, compared to their northern cousin. I would ask the OP this question- if you are a deer hunter do you shoot a “big one” every year, or be more ethical and harvest scrubs bucks and does?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast