Thread: Barren

Banned

Barren

Not sure about Austin or Browns ford but every other ramps are closed. Green will get first dibs on release so it’s quite possible another bad spawn year.

Two years in a row. Spring fishing will be tough.

3. Member
    I took my boat yesterday for new water impeller. Passed over Skaggs and peters. Wow it had a color of straight red clay mud.
    RANGER BOATS

Anyone drive over lately? How is looking

5. Member
    Just was out that way today. Heavy stain at 31E bridge. Light stain around dam. Very fishable water color. Didn't see a whole of debris in the open but banks were lined with it. I'd say when the wind shifts it will be back out in the lake. The problem you have is even on bluff banks you have 20+ yards of trees before you get to bank. Flooded out hundreds of yards on flat banks. I can't imagine fishing being any good due to the amount of new water the fish have to spread out in without being able to access them. Only two ramps are Baileys Point and Beaver Creek. Both are back down only.
    Phoenix 721 - Yamaha SHO 250 - 8' Blades

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dstep0 View Post
    Just was out that way today. Heavy stain at 31E bridge. Light stain around dam. Very fishable water color. Didn't see a whole of debris in the open but banks were lined with it. I'd say when the wind shifts it will be back out in the lake. The problem you have is even on bluff banks you have 20+ yards of trees before you get to bank. Flooded out hundreds of yards on flat banks. I can't imagine fishing being any good due to the amount of new water the fish have to spread out in without being able to access them. Only two ramps are Baileys Point and Beaver Creek. Both are back down only.
    Possible to put in at Walnut Creek. Also possible to wreck boat/lower unit if not familiar with ramp. Water color is fishable in a lot of parts.

7. Member
    You can launch at Beaver and Baileys Point.

8. Member
    It will be a light tournmanent spring if this high water stays. I wouldn't risk it right now. You can't imagine the amount of the debris floating down Barren River right now. The lake will claim some lower units.

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kybassman62 View Post
    You can launch at Beaver and Baileys Point.
    Drove around entire lake this evening. I would recommend a good rope and chainsaw if planning on launching at Barren. Could walk out 40 yds from waters edge at Beaver Creek. Didn’t go to Baileys but it can get drift bad, be prepared if you launch to clear timber on take out.

10. Member
    BRFL is cancelled for this weekend.
    2006 skeeter zx225.HPDI 225

11. Member
    I went this morning and fished until 12. The ramp at baileys was fine and I didn’t have to move any limbs when I put in or took out.

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Javelin409t View Post
    I went this morning and fished until 12. The ramp at baileys was fine and I didn’t have to move any limbs when I put in or took out.
    Hope you ain’t planning on leaving us hanging! Catch any?

Either loaded the boat and doesn't want to hurt peoples' feelings, or it didn't go so well.

Come on now, tell the news. Make up some lies if you have to.
    I want my ashes sprinkled in the lake...might as well try to get em to bite one last time.

and water temp and color too....

15. Member
    Fishing was dead. I never had a bite in 5 hours of fishing. It wouldn’t be so bad if you could fish the new water but it’s 30 yards of trees to navigate to get to shallow water. I didn’t feel I like rubbing trees to get the boat in that deep!

16. Member
    Water temp was 46-48 and color was really good. It had a little stain in peters. However, if anyone runs into peters be careful. The power line across the roadbed is 3 feet from the water in the center.

17. Member
    Water temp was 46-48 and color was really good. It had a little stain in peters. However, if anyone runs into peters be careful. The power line across the roadbed is 3 feet from the water in the center.
    Phoenix 721 - Yamaha SHO 250 - 8' Blades

18. Member
    Fishing was dead. I never had a bite in 5 hours of fishing. It wouldn’t be so bad if you could fish the new water but it’s 30 yards of trees to navigate to get to shallow water. I didn’t feel I like rubbing trees to get the boat in that deep!
    If that is the power line that feeds the marina i would hope they have it disconnected..
    2019 Triton 20 TRX Patriot, Merc 250 4 stroke