mercury mechanic recommenddations

I used Power marine in Canandaigua in the past. I've heard that Rick has retired and closed up shop. I am now looking for a reputable Merc mech. I am located in Northern tier of Pa. near Corning. Any info at all would be helpful.

2. Member
    If you’re willing to take the drive to north shore of Oneida, Matt Whaley is my go to guy. I have 3-4 diff marine mechanics within 20miles of my house and I drive the extra 30miles just to go to him. Matt is a certified mercury master technician and runs Whaley marine services out of his garage. During the spring summer and fall he’s the mechanic for RC Congel boat sales. He’s reliable, priced fairly low, and is one of the nicest guys you’ll ever meet.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

3. Member
    I recommend Barrett Marine in Waterloo at the north end of Seneca Lake. Fran Barrett and his team do any and all of the service work on my 250 Pro XS. Great folks to deal with. They get very busy in the summer and especially in the fall when everyone is looking to winterize...for good reason. They know their stuff. Just something to plan around if you need work done.
    2013 Phoenix 920 Pro XP
    2013 Mercury 250 Pro XS