Optimax 115hp oil level sensor fault code

Recently installed the Vessel view on my Optimax 115hp Serial #1B703946 and promptly received a Oil level sensor warning but the engine does not beep 4x. I have some questions:

1. Since the engine does not beep could it be a "ghost" error?

2. From reading on this forum the oil tank is the culprit 9/10 times. Does anyone know of a previous post that describes removing and replacing the oil reservoir in a 115HP Opt?

3. If there is no post, is it pretty simple or is there anything that requires special tools/attention? I have read bleeding air from oil lines but I only have the reservoir attached to the motor, nothing in the boat.

Thanks

2. Member
    Are your getting any alarms? I'm not familiar enough with the 1.5L Optimax to say for certain, but the 2.5 & 3L versions all use a remote tank that can be outfitted with an optional float assy to read tank level. I think this is the indication you're getting from your Vessel View, it's looking for remote tank sensor signal but not getting one. Do you have Vessel View mobile or fixed system?
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

3. Member
    I'm not getting any alarms and I have the Vessel View mobile. The oil tank is mounted at the front of the engine and is the only one, nothing in the boat. Maybe it is looking for a remote tank not realizing there is only one.

4. Member
    That's what I think is happening, but don't know for certain. I'm also unfamiliar with VV mobile as I use a Mercmonitor, but, check settings for "tank 2" and if you find it set it to off or disable. This is what is done with a Mercmonitor for the 2.5 & 3L Optimax engines without the optional remote tank sensor.

Know yours is a 1.5L but there's a lot of good info in the FAQs at top of the 2.5 & 3L forums much of which applies to all Optimax engines. Here's a topic that may, or may not, help with your question - New VesselView Mobile
    Last edited by SilverFox579; 02-27-2019 at 08:41 AM. Reason: Add link
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    +1... Vessel View is looking for a Tank-2 (Oil) that does not exist on the system. You will need to go into the settings and set Tank-2 to "Not Installed".

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

6. Member
    Thank you.

7. Member
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    +1... Vessel View is looking for a Tank-2 (Oil) that does not exist on the system. You will need to go into the settings and set Tank-2 to "Not Installed".
    Hi just installed my Vessel View - read FAQ that is a very helpful link.

Question: I'm getting the Oil sensor error as in original post - Tried to use settings to turn 2nd oil tank off but could not find that setting - any help appreciated - oil full and no engine beeps.

Thanks all help appreciated.