Used camera suggestions

It's time to upgrade my camera from my old Rebel XT to something with a little more resolution. Not wanting to spend big bucks on the latest and greatest so what are some good late-model cameras that I might look for on the used market? I like the Canon so I've been noticing some Rebel T6 and T6i out there for $300-$400. Most are package deals so it's hard to compare deals on the camera body itself.

Those would be an upgrade for sure. What kind f photography are you doing? If you could swing it I'd get the 6dmk1. You can find them used for 500-600. Much higher resolution, handles low light great, and gets into a full frame body.

If you need the reach of a crop the T6i is a nice camera,had one for about 6 months before I upgraded.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish_4_Five View Post
    Those would be an upgrade for sure. What kind f photography are you doing? If you could swing it I'd get the 6dmk1. You can find them used for 500-600. Much higher resolution, handles low light great, and gets into a full frame body.
    Mostly nature and scenery. Pretty views, wildlife, anything I find in the woods. Every once in a while I get interested in macro but not my primary goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogchunker View Post
    If you need the reach of a crop the T6i is a nice camera,had one for about 6 months before I upgraded.
    I'm still trying to figure out whether I should go full or crop. I'll post some recent pics in the Lounge and you'll see why I'm ready to get something different.