Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bbc lawyers, come inside for a bit

Whats the legalities on this? What are the consequences like if somebody broke a leg after trying to steal a package?

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

2. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    You can be liable if they slip and fall while stealing a real package.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

3. Banned
    Unfortunately, there is the possibility of civil liability if someone is injuried. Why? Because the potential plaintiff knowingly did this with the intention of the result. The only evidence would be the device and the video. Without either, nada.

4. Banned
    I wouldn't want to be the homeowner... Would you want to have to hire a lawyer because someone tried to sue you over injuries they received trying to steal a package???... You maybe exonerated in the end but how many $$,$$$ would you be out in the end??? And recording it wouldn't help... Dan

Quote Originally Posted by bshort View Post
    Unfortunately, there is the possibility of civil liability if someone is injuried. Why? Because the potential plaintiff knowingly did this with the intention of the result. The only evidence would be the device and the video. Without either, nada.
    There’s your answer.

6. Member
    My mother was a teacher so our house was first on the list when it came to stealing pumpkins. Pizzed me off so one year I grew one that weighed 60 pounds. Carefully cut a hole, hollowed it out and filled it with wet sand. It disappeared too. But later a kid confessed to my mother that he about got a hernia getting that thing to the car. Never occurred to me that we might get sued

nothing worse than a lier or thief...
    Sacred Heart of Mary, pray for us now, and at the hour of our death. AMEN
    O blood and water which gush forth from the heart of Jesus, have mercy on us
    For the sake of his sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and the whole world

8. Member
    Its the same as when I put one strand of barbed wire on my fence just under the top so when they would grab the top of the fence they got finger fulls of barb wire cot me medical bills and another 8k for pain and suffering even though the guy was a known thief and was going over my fence to steal something out of my back yard. you hae a exploding box be prepared to pay damages. it is not fair but it is what it is. Thief's have more rights then the person protecting their home and stuff.
    Drifter106 i can think of something worse then a lair and thief a molester is a lot worse in my book.

I would set a 12 guage shotgun surprise in the package... Iffin your on my property and video of you stealing ... Your on your own...

In that box is a 12ga blank- one of those signal shells.

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bshort View Post
    This unfortunately

When my wife was pregnant with our first, a guy rings the doorbell. My wife opens the door and the guy is selling something, she says she isn’t interested and starts to close the inside door. This silly dipstick opens the storm door and my wife yells for him to get back. She grabs the handle on the storm door just as my dog hits the door. I think the dog shattered the glass and this guy running yells back he was going to sue us.

I told her, she should have just let the dog get a piece of him——— opening a door like he did.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grayline View Post
    I would set a 12 guage shotgun surprise in the package... Iffin your on my property and video of you stealing ... Your on your own...
    Then you would be charged with pre-meditated murder. Family's ruined because of a box.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kadas View Post
    This unfortunately
    The lawyers I do some work for would tell you the same. Criminal acts should not be protected,but sadly they are.

15. Banned
    What if you have No Tresspassing signs up and have it filed, any difference then?

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    What if you have No Tresspassing signs up and have it filed, any difference then?
    Only works on some docks in Texas... From what I've heard... Dan

17. Member
    It would also be on the verge of criminal. If you do something that you know has the possibility of hurting someone, and do it anyway, that could be negligent injuring.

18. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan21XRS View Post
    Only works on some docks in Texas... From what I've heard... Dan

Thats what I’m wondering, some states seem to be tougher on it.

Like seeing those low lifes get the chit scared out of them...

Just wondering.
    What about banks with their exploding dye packets?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast