Thread: Tackle Storage

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tackle Storage

What are you guys using to store your spinnerbaits and vibrating jigs. Redoing my entire tackle system and I can’t decide bags or hard plastics.

spinner baits hang on Cooks Go To system. chatterbaits are in a box with my Swim Jigs

Quart size Ziplock for spinnerbaits and another for vibrating jigs.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

4. Member
    I use 3700s. Haven't found any binder system I like yet. Just smashes them all and you have to turn through pages to find the right one. I like opening and seeing everything in front of me. Maybe I'm weird like that..

I Use Plano Elite 3707 Spinnerbait Organizer, works well for me, haven't Had any issues with it.

6. Member
    Cooks under lid storage for baits that are in season, spares are in zippered cd cases.

7. Member
    I have spinnerbaits and chatterbaits hanging on the Cook's Go To system. Saves a lot of space being able to have them hanging under the compartment lid.

8. Member
    Spinnerbaits are in plano spinnerbait boxes. Chatterbaits are in a regular 3700. I did use at one time, some larger zip lock craft bags for spinnerbaits and just labeled them by size and color, and I've considered going back to it if I get many more spinnerbaits.
    2001 Champion 187 Yamaha 175
    12' Talons, Lithiums and Garmins
    All pulled by a Hemi

Building a rod box hanging system with aluminum angle and rubber grommets.
    Boatless

Cooks System for all the spinnerbaits, buzzbaits, and chatterbaits I use week to week. The rest are stored in original packages in Sterilite containers in the back compartment, or at the house until I need to hang a few more on the Cooks racks.
    I have a Plano spinnerbait box that went from the boat to shelf storage after I bought the Cooks.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus9288 View Post
    I Use Plano Elite 3707 Spinnerbait Organizer, works well for me, haven't Had any issues with it.
    This is what I use too. It's not perfect - different styles don't necessarily fit the best, nor will they stay in place always, and skirts sometimes want to play whack-a-mole with you when you're trying to close it - but it gets the job done better than anything I've tried. I don't like the binders as I have to make sure my baits are completely dry before putting them in, and I've not invested in one of the under-lid storage solutions yet, mostly because I can't stomach paying for it when it'd be really easy to make myself, and I'm too lazy to make something myself.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

12. Member
    The problem with almost all the answers is they address only storage in YOUR boat.

I have four boats, and fish with two different partners who like to fish out of their boats.

I spend more time than I like to admit just throwing a bunch of stuff in a big Tupperware box and calling it a tackle box.

Funny thing is, I catch just as many fish when I tighten up as I do when I have my Skeeter and have everything around me.
    Last edited by MCIPinkie; 02-26-2019 at 06:23 PM. Reason: typo

13. BBC SPONSOR
    Blade coffin

14. Member
    I am thinking about just getting the bags that go in blade coffin and using that.
    Semper Fi

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MCIPinkie View Post
    The problem with almost all the answers is they address only storage in YOUR boat.

I have four boats, and fish with two different partners who like to fish out of their boats.

I spend more time than I like to admit just throwing a bunch of stuff in a big Tupperware box and calling it a tackle box.

Funny thing is, I catch just as many fish when I tighten up as I do when I have my Skeeter and have everything around me.
    In fairness, I have a separate tackle bag with 3 3700 size boxes all set up for shore fishing and fishing out of other peoples' boats. No moving stuff around from boat to another box. That way, all I have to do is grab a couple rods out of my boat and go.
    2001 Champion 187 Yamaha 175
    12' Talons, Lithiums and Garmins
    All pulled by a Hemi

Quote Originally Posted by jrbdad View Post
    I am thinking about just getting the bags that go in blade coffin and using that.
    Some of the reviews on TW weren’t very kind to the effects the bags have on Spinnerbait skirts. Don’t know why, but sounds like they are too small, and deteriorate the skirts. I really want to like that box, but sounds like it needs some design changes.
    I’ll stick with the Flambeau and Plano hanging bait styles for now.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

The Boss Bag works better, it's a soft version of the blade box essentially and comes in two sizes. The Lg version has larger bags and works better for spinnerbaits/buzzbaits etc imo.

I use the old blue plano spinnerbait box, it looks like a small toolbox, I wish they still made them.

19. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    I use 2 Plano spinnerbait boxes, the ones with a million little holes in them. One for chatterbaits and buzzbaits and one for spinnerbaits.

The air air flow is great in case you put a wet lure away and they stay organized! I’m a tiny bit ocd so I keep 5-7 of each brand I use and with the Plano boxes I can separate the brands and then by color.

The only problem is that Jackhammers don’t fit in the slots without a little modification. Every other chatterbait I have fits in the little slots fine but the $$ ones don’t. Go figure!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

20. Member
    How do you keep them orginize by size and blade types in there

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast