Thread: Imaging Help!!!

Imaging Help!!!

Any idea what could cause this? I have restored factory defaults and same thing happens. Boat was loaded with two people so balanced pretty well. If anything maybe a little lower on the starboard side. I'm wondering if its a bad transducer. This is on a boat I just purchased. Transducer should have no interference on one side and not the other as its mounted right in the middle on the jack plate. Gen 2 Helix 12 mega.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks like the right side SI piezo is weak.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    So that just means a new transducer? I'm fine with that, just didn't want to buy one it it's not the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by laflur6 View Post
    So that just means a new transducer? I'm fine with that, just didn't want to buy one it it's not the issue.
    The only way you could know 100% that it is the transducer and not the unit is to connect another unit to the transducer and see what it looks like .... or if you can connect your unit to another known good transducer.
    __________________________________________________ ___

**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**
    __________________________________________________ ___

Units ..... 1197 (6.310) ...1198 (6.490) ... Helix 12 MSI G3N

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob B View Post
    The only way you could know 100% that it is the transducer and not the unit is to connect another unit to the transducer and see what it looks like .... or if you can connect your unit to another known good transducer.
    That's a good idea. I have the same unit on the front, so I'll swap those and see what it does. Thanks!

6. Member
    After doing what Bob suggested I have determined it is in fact the unit and not the transducer. I moved my front unit to the console and the problem went away at the console. I then had the same issue at the bow I was having at the console. This told me for sure its the unit. I running the older version of software 1.6x. I'm going to update the units to see if by chance that makes a difference before calling Humminbird. Thanks for all the help guys.