Update on my livewell system

I know it seems like it is taking forever to get my livewell system completed but having never built one via a patent filing is a new thing for me. But there is some good news to report. The software is 95% complete, the hardware integration contractor is about 90% complete, and final testing on the finished product will start no later than the end of April. I am having a small issue with one component. I want a USA made part and there has been none to be found so far. I may have no choice but China on that part. As I have said before close to a year ago, you guys will be the first group of guys to see it, before it is rolled out for production. I think you will appreciate the effort and expense that has gone into it. It will be the finest and most comprehensive fish conservation tool that I know of. My goal from day one has been to save fish. A big bag of oxygen starved smallies started all this. If the money comes, that is nice, but the thing we will all leave when we die is our reputation. I want mine to include a desire to save fish for future generations.

2. Member
    I for one am excited to get your system. I’m not the best fisherman ever but I like to keep my fish healthy for when they go back in the water.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickwicked Basser View Post
    I for one am excited to get your system. I’m not the best fisherman ever but I like to keep my fish healthy for when they go back in the water.
    I am fanatical about seeing fish caught in a tournament released in at least as good a shape as they were when caught. Too many times, WAY too many times fish are so stressed out they swim off and die or never swim off at all. Seems to always be the big fish too. I am going to change that.

5. Member
    With the amount of deep smallies caught up here in the summer... this will literally be a life saver.. I was hoping to get Powell to put it in my boat before I pick it up but it looks like I won't make the timing.. want one bad tho!
    Allison XB21 Prosport Mercury Racing 250XS with a 1.75 Sporty

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NOTGSXR View Post
    With the amount of deep smallies caught up here in the summer... this will literally be a life saver.. I was hoping to get Powell to put it in my boat before I pick it up but it looks like I won't make the timing.. want one bad tho!
    The insurance company will require a very formal testing procedure with documentation out the yen-yang to be sure it is not a issue of product liability. If not for all the testing with formal doc's I'd have them in boats in no time. Now I see why big business gets bigger and little guys get squashed. I'm far from being squashed but a person with a great idea better have some money or friends with money to make it on the bigger stage. We will get one in your boat one way or another.

7. BBC SPONSOR
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Maxwell View Post
    The insurance company will require a very formal testing procedure with documentation out the yen-yang to be sure it is not a issue of product liability. If not for all the testing with formal doc's I'd have them in boats in no time. Now I see why big business gets bigger and little guys get squashed. I'm far from being squashed but a person with a great idea better have some money or friends with money to make it on the bigger stage. We will get one in your boat one way or another.
    Allison XB21 Prosport Mercury Racing 250XS with a 1.75 Sporty

9. Member
    I'm excited to see it!
    Mike Malinao
    2010 XB-21 BasSport 2+2 250 Mercury Pro XS
    https://www.facebook.com/mikemalinaofishing

10. Member
    Johnny, What kind of a part do you need built?
    Carte's Custom

11. Happiness is a Sporty! F150owner's Avatar
    Wow, I'm looking forward to this. There has not been any true innovation in bass boats for many years!! Congrats on your vision becoming a reality!

Allison XB21 2+2, Merc 250 ProXS, 1.62 Sportmaster, Hydromotive Engineering X-OB 29
    Excel 1751 Viper F4, Tohatsu 50 4-stroke, EZ-Trac trailer
    FeelFree Lure 11.5 Kayak

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cartes Custom View Post
    Johnny, What kind of a part do you need built?
    Actually I am trying to find a small air compressor with just the right amount of head and flow to achieve the magic in the system. I have a compressor that works but it is a small piston model and a quieter diaphragm compressor is more desirable. I have a lot time invested testing a lot of models but so far none of the printed pumping curves lives up to their reputation. I literally have a friend going to China next month on a mission to find a company to custom build what I need if I don't find one before then.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by F150owner View Post
    Wow, I'm looking forward to this. There has not been any true innovation in bass boats for many years!! Congrats on your vision becoming a reality!
    I agree completely. The spot lock feature on a trolling motor is the biggest new thing in boats since lcd graphs in my opinion. My product should equal the importance of both of these two innovations. Anything that will not only keep a fish alive but make them even more healthy before release without chemicals is a big deal. It will greatly help to conserve our great fish resources. Thank you for the compliment.

14. Member
    Have you looked over here for someone to build your compressor?

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by big_o_tom View Post
    Have you looked over here for someone to build your compressor?
    I have looked high and low. Not saying there isn't a company that wouldn't or couldn't but my resourcing has yielded little good results. I have been looking for well over a year. Hundreds of calls and emails.

16. Member
    Is it a compressor or a pump you are needing?

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by big_o_tom View Post
    Is it a compressor or a pump you are needing?
    I am looking for an air compressor. At issue is the head pressure and flow rates. All day long company's publish curves showing flow at various pressures. I have a garage full of mini-compressors that did not live up to the so-called flow chart. Or, they did the work the chart shows but the amp draw was so high there would be quick failure. I'm gonna keep looking and if I don't get an affordable compressor by the end of the month it will be an all out search in China.