Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I am with you on onix, friend has the new helix and I show him images I took and he wants to know why his doesn't show as good as the onix

2. Member
    Here is a little sampling of old vs new.

First up is the old 999, this was a super clean image for the 999, deeper water, consistent bottom, loaded with crappies.

Here are some images from the new Helix 9 G3N Mega SI+.
    Beds adjacent to a weed line.

Shallow rocks with range set way wider than I would ever consider at that depth with the 999

Fish (likely bass knowing this lake) hanging just outside a weed bed.

What looks to be Pike packed up and chasing a school of gills and crappies just off a weed line.

3. Member
    Nice!

4. Member
    I didn't get any shots of the baitfish I encountered in the water column last night. It was my first night out with the new G3N, went out for an hour just to make sure ducer was positioned well and play with settings. AMAZING piece of equipment. When I put the big motor in reverse I could see the cloud of bubbles under the boat on the Mega SI. This thing picks up everything. Really happy with my purchase. The old 999 was good, the 9 G3N beats the living snot out of the 999. Going out to one of my favorite lakes tomorrow morning in search of crappies as well as scanning deep water rock spots adjacent to weeds for mid summer bass fishing.

5. Member
    TDobb, that snapshot of the Pike is one of the coolest SI images I have seen!
    Princecraft Xpedition 170
    Helix 8 G3N Mega SI+, Helix 9 Mega DI+, Minn Kota Ulterra 80 MDI/IP Link/BT

6. Member
    I figured out what card they were saved on and copied them to the computer so as to not have the glare from the overhead light in the garage. Here is that pike image as captured on the Helix.

7. Member

8. Member
    x2
    Princecraft Xpedition 170
    Helix 8 G3N Mega SI+, Helix 9 Mega DI+, Minn Kota Ulterra 80 MDI/IP Link/BT

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12