Surprise when installing vessel view

I have a 2015 Pro XS 115 serial number 2B122402. So I was going to install my new vessel view module tonight. I found the terminator connector no problem, found a good place to mount the module but when I went to take the terminator cap off I found this under the cap. It looks like someone put 2 jumpers (resistors) in the terminator connector. See the pictures:

Why would anyone do this? I have only had the dealer winterize it that past few years so either the dealer did this or it came from Mercury like this.

More importantly, can I take these out to install my vessel view?

Thanks in advance for the help, really want to install this vessel view but these jumpers have me worried.

2. Member
    It came from Mercury like that. You just took the yellow cover off the end of that connector. You need to remove that connector. Press in on the tab and pull the connector straight out.

3. Member
    dats right ^^^^^^ +1
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

4. Member
    That worked, thanks so much!!

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Yup- YOU weren't supposed to pry the yellow protector off. What was underneath is precisely as manufactured.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    Yup- YOU weren't supposed to pry the yellow protector off. What was underneath is precisely as manufactured.
    Don my 2002 60 hp OT550607 , has a purple terminator cap do I need a yellow one part 859318T 1 ?

7. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigMH View Post
    Don my 2002 60 hp OT550607 , has a purple terminator cap do I need a yellow one part 859318T 1 ?
    Really need to open a separate thread for your engine. Yours does not have a terminator at all (and there has never been a "purple" terminating resistor used on 10-pin Smartcraft connections).

I suspect the purple you see is the inside of a plug/connector (or the rubber plugs put into a dust cap).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor