How is Green River Lake Looking?

Anybody know how Green River is looking with all this rain?

Was supposed to take a buddy fishing in 2 weekends but not sure if it's worth him driving down here if all the lakes are washed out.

Thanks!

Here is a link that is typically updated every morning around 7-8AM...

http://www.lrl-wc.usace.army.mil/reports/grbdlb.txt

Summer pool is 675. At 694.76 the lake is almost 20 ft over summer pool and on a steady rise. We had a big rain event saturday night / early sunday morning. With no more rain in the forecast for the next few days it will probably be Tuesday before the lake reaches it's crest and I bet it will be close to 24-25 ft over summer pool buy the time the inflow slows down. At that level it makes several ramps unusable. I am on vacation March 17- April 4 and I hope its fishable by then.

3. Member
    Green was up 21.03 ft as of 3:30 pm today.

Thanks for the update...I am interested in what it looks like mid week when it peaks.

5. Member
    It was really muddy also and as others have said itll probably crest around 25’ over summer pool which is actually 32’ higher than it should be right now. If they started pulling it full tilt tommorow itd be towards the end of march before it reached summer pool. At 25’ im not sure which, if any ramps are usable. Id reschedule a trip in 2 weeks as i dont figure theyll be able to pull it for awhile and fishing that lake when its 15+’ high is nearly pointless
    They aint got hands, set the hook

6. Member
    It would take a little work, but Lone valley could have been used when I stopped by there today. If it comes up to what they are predicting, even it would be unusable.
    And it is very muddy in the feeder portions of the lake. The upper end of the river area was like chocolate milk!!!

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike198P View Post
    It would take a little work, but Lone valley could have been used when I stopped by there today. If it comes up to what they are predicting, even it would be unusable.
    And it is very muddy in the feeder portions of the lake. The upper end of the river area was like chocolate milk!!!

Yeah lone valley gets really tricky when its up. Might be usable one day then come up or go down a foot and be unusable. Not to mention that if its muddy you could back your trailer into one of those drains if you arent familiar with the ramp
    They aint got hands, set the hook

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishin is life View Post
    Yeah lone valley gets really tricky when its up. Might be usable one day then come up or go down a foot and be unusable. Not to mention that if its muddy you could back your trailer into one of those drains if you arent familiar with the ramp
    Exactly. Did not mean to insinuate that anyone could launch a boat there under current conditions. If you are not intimately familiar with that ramp, and sometimes even if you are, you can get in trouble quick.

9. Member
    Thanks everyone! Looks like we’ll have to figure something else out.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JR19 View Post
    Here is a link that is typically updated every morning around 7-8AM...

http://www.lrl-wc.usace.army.mil/reports/grbdlb.txt

Summer pool is 675. At 694.76 the lake is almost 20 ft over summer pool and on a steady rise. We had a big rain event saturday night / early sunday morning. With no more rain in the forecast for the next few days it will probably be Tuesday before the lake reaches it's crest and I bet it will be close to 24-25 ft over summer pool buy the time the inflow slows down. At that level it makes several ramps unusable. I am on vacation March 17- April 4 and I hope its fishable by then.
    So which of the pool el numbers should I go by. I see 4 at the top which are all different. Sorry im new to reading these things. I would assume its the 696.75 which puts Green still way up over summer pool.

11. Member
    As of this morning, Green is 21.1 above summer pool.
    2017 Nitro Z20 w/ Mercury 250 Pro XS
    MK Ultrex 112# Mega DI/ Mega 360
    Console: Helix 10 MDI G3N-Helix 10 MSI G3N
    Bow: Helix 10 MDI G3N-Helix 10 MDI G4N

12. RIP Evinrude 1907-2020 JR19's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Axkiker View Post
    So which of the pool el numbers should I go by. I see 4 at the top which are all different. Sorry im new to reading these things. I would assume its the 696.75 which puts Green still way up over summer pool.
    The link I provided contains the entire Green River Watershed, which is Green River Lake, Nolin River Lake, Barren River Lake and Rough River Lake. Just remember there is a difference between Green River and Green River Lake. The lake is obviously the lake but the river is the tail-waters of the lake but nolin, barren and rough also feed into the tail-waters of Green, hence the name Green River Watershed.

Looking at the top column of information lakes are GRR,NRR,BRR and RRR...time reading was made...change of level in the last 24 hours (+ rise or - fall)...main gate setting...by pass setting (this gate only lets out a small trickle of water the main gate releases high volume)...outflow is how much water is coming out of the main gate in cubic feet per second...inflow is how much water is feeding into the lake...% stored is a % volume number of how much water is in the lake (at 100% it's at the max flood level) at 101% water goes through the flood gate. Green technically does not have a flood gate. It has a hole cut into the rock wall next to the dam. If the lake ever got above flood pool water would run through that cut and make its way to the tail-waters.

The next three columns are pretty much self explanatory, especially if you know how to read the top column. The last column is River data. I am not real familiar with stage but I "think" its very similar to level. Flow is obviously flow and its usually measured in cubic feet per second on the lake so I "assume" its the same on the river.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JR19 View Post
    The link I provided contains the entire Green River Watershed, which is Green River Lake, Nolin River Lake, Barren River Lake and Rough River Lake. Just remember there is a difference between Green River and Green River Lake. The lake is obviously the lake but the river is the tail-waters of the lake but nolin, barren and rough also feed into the tail-waters of Green, hence the name Green River Watershed.

Looking at the top column of information lakes are GRR,NRR,BRR and RRR...time reading was made...change of level in the last 24 hours (+ rise or - fall)...main gate setting...by pass setting (this gate only lets out a small trickle of water the main gate releases high volume)...outflow is how much water is coming out of the main gate in cubic feet per second...inflow is how much water is feeding into the lake...% stored is a % volume number of how much water is in the lake (at 100% it's at the max flood level) at 101% water goes through the flood gate. Green technically does not have a flood gate. It has a hole cut into the rock wall next to the dam. If the lake ever got above flood pool water would run through that cut and make its way to the tail-waters.

The next three columns are pretty much self explanatory, especially if you know how to read the top column. The last column is River data. I am not real familiar with stage but I "think" its very similar to level. Flow is obviously flow and its usually measured in cubic feet per second on the lake so I "assume" its the same on the river.

Ahhhhh I see now. Thanks for that I didnt realize it was for multiple lakes etc. Good resource.