ranger bow step pad install

Has anyone used welwood to install the pad? I used IC 2000 on my first exempt it didn’t hold very well, I messed up cutting the hole out for the horn and was able to pull off the pad easily so I thought I would try welwood on the new one maybe it will hold better.

2. Member
    Regular weldwood is not meant to be used under rubber/padding, it needs air to dry. Weldwood does make a glue designed to go under rubber/padding. You can buy it in a quart can. Google it.
    2023 SCB 20EF
    2023 SCB CC 210LR

3. Member
    the ic 2000 should work well I did mine two years ago and still holds strong in fact I tried to pull it up yesterday in a corner to see how it was doing and its solid. try it agian and this time put a couple of boards on top of it and put a 10lbs weight on it---let sit overnight and should work---are you in cold area you may want to check the temp excursions on the glue first ok. good luck this stuff should work fine, oh and make sure you clean your area where the glue goes so you get a good gluing (meaning no dust in that area or it wont glue)

4. Member
    The problem was it bonded well to the fiberglass and not so much the mat. I scuffed and cleaned the bottom of the pad with denatured alcohol.