Thread: AVX1980

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

AVX1980

Been looking at a Avx1980 but the width of the front deck has my me 2nd guessing. I am a bigger guy and i dont think i would feel comfortable it being that narrow has any one else noticed this?
    Attached Images Attached Images

That is really tight.
    Last edited by Grizzly; 02-24-2019 at 03:04 PM.

3. Member
    That’s really narrow.
    Russell Winneberger
    2002 Stratos 20 XL
    ColorVision Painting

4. Member
    I measured a whole bunch of boats including the vexus 1980 and at the seat post the vexus is 58 inches wide, that is wider than a lot boats out there except the really wide decks like bass cat Carcal which is 63 inches wide at post but wider then the cougar which is 53 inches wide. Phoenix 721 is 56” at seat post. The vexus front deck is actually longer than the boats I mentioned. 721 is 90” the vexus is 95” measured on the center line. I still wish it was wider.

5. Member
    Here are the deck measurements

6. Comanche warrior MassBass320v's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gillcracker View Post
    Been looking at a Avx1980 but the width of the front deck has my me 2nd guessing. I am a bigger guy and i dont think i would feel comfortable it being that narrow has any one else noticed this?
    Do you currently own a boat? If so what is the dimension in the same location at your current boat?
    __________________________________________________ __
    I reject your reality and substitute my own!

7. Member
    Haven’t seen one in person so hard to really comment personally, but the area around the trolling motor has always been an area that was a concern for me regarding space, I mean I spend 90% of my time right there and not standing in the middle of the deck.

Quote Originally Posted by icebound View Post
    I measured a whole bunch of boats including the vexus 1980 and at the seat post the vexus is 58 inches wide, that is wider than a lot boats out there except the really wide decks like bass cat Carcal which is 63 inches wide at post but wider then the cougar which is 53 inches wide. Phoenix 721 is 56” at seat post. The vexus front deck is actually longer than the boats I mentioned. 721 is 90” the vexus is 95” measured on the center line. I still wish it was wider.
    Thats good info
    Ranger R81VS, Mercury 175EFI w/ 25 Tempest

9. Member
    I'm 6' 350 lbs and fish 2 people off thw front deck of my 2080 comfortably. 2080 and 1980 front deck dimensions are identical.
    VC Marine
    Cashion Rods
    Lew's
    Vexus Boats

2022 Vexus VX21, 250 ProXS

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by icebound View Post
    That is great info - wondering how that compares to Ranger Z520c

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gwa5bfish View Post
    That is great info - wondering how that compares to Ranger Z520c
    I cant remember the width numbers but the length of both is 95". I want to say the 520c is 5 or 6 inches wider at the seat post.
    VC Marine
    Cashion Rods
    Lew's
    Vexus Boats

2022 Vexus VX21, 250 ProXS

12. Member
    I knew this must have been asked in the Ranger forum..Google thank you for your search ability:

Dimensions of Ranger 520c & 521c - photo of Skeeter FX deck

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=892599
    Last edited by Jimbug; 02-26-2019 at 09:12 PM.

13. Member
    No way that would fly for me. I'd be breaking rods

I'll have to measure my 521 but Its not much wider than that.
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA
    2004 Ranger 521VX - Yamaha 250 SHO

Makes my Grizzly 1860 seem like an aircraft carrier.
    Attached Images Attached Images

16. Member
    How many times will you have 8 rods out? Not knocking anything we all do it. But how many fiberglass boats could you do that on and be 110% comfortable?

it be like trying to put 2x a side on a tracker

17. Member
    Dang I normally Only have one out. If I do have 2 the other one (normally a spinning rod or a bait cast depending on which one I have in my hand) the other one is out of the way. But then again my boat was built with the center area open

18. Member
    I have a 2006 triton v186 magnum and at the seat post it’s 66”. Vexus should have a wider deck than my boat that is 12 years older than their first model. Why would they build such a narrow deck? Everyone is going to wide deck boats but they didn’t. Grizzly’s coment is right. His does look like an aircraft carrier compared to the vexus

19. Member
    Not arguing to width.

BUT I don't understand the fixation with having 8+ rods on out and on the deck. I fish tournaments, and have a pretty good idea of what there biting. Never have I needed to have so many rods on deck.

It seems to me that it is a you know what measuring contest.

What do you possibly gain by having so many rods at your feet?

Let's think about it...a crankbaits rod with clips, a topwater rod with mono, braid frog rod, flipping rod, dropshot, all purpose floro rod...that is 6 and even then it makes no sense. If your in flipping territory why is the dropshot and crank rod on the deck? If you are in open water, whynhace the frog or flippin rod our? I prefer a clean deck, rods only on one side for landing fish on the other. I can pull and put rods away in 30 seconds and they are protected. Again, it just seems silly to me and I think it is more for show than any practical reasoning.

Typically, I'll start early with topwater, crank, senko, swimbait/swimjig...roughly 4-5 rods at a time...as it warms up and the bite changes, so do the tools. I saw Edwin Evers deck with like 20 rods and I just laugh. I think the pros do it for sponsor reasons. But they also get rods for free when they step all over them. I was watching the other day and the MLF angler had to have the Marshall help take a crankbait out of his Jersey from laying on the deck landing a fish on top of his rods.

Breakage, tripping issues, injury issues, where is the advantage?
    Last edited by Rmc949; 03-10-2019 at 04:34 AM.

20. Member
    I can easily have 8 maybe more rods on the deck. Maybe that's just me, but sometimes I look like Thrift with all the rods on my deck. I am sure my boat is just as narrow and I have never broken or knocked one over. I think I have bent a reel handle on a old Curado, but that is a hook set problem. I think you could have also gotten those rods a little tighter together to create a couple more inches. Two different color frogs, two pitching baits, buzzbait, spinnerbait, chatterbait, crankbait, heck that's eight right there. Each piece of structure might get the arsenal.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast