Thread: AVX1980

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I was wondering the same thing , “gillcracker”. I spent some time on the deck of the AVX1980 at the Bassmaster Classic Expo in Knoxville. Love the boat, looks great , everyone says performs great. Like you, I am not a small guy, not fat, but 240 on most days. It seemed awfully “narrow “ on that front deck, right where I would stand or lean on a but seat. Rod straps are right under your feet, and , stand up quick, and you could go right over the edge with just a little wrong step or imbalance !? Boat, trailer, all look like excellent workmanship, length of front deck is fine, my only issue is , pretty narrow where the operator spends all of his time. I am also looking at the Ranger 198p, I do not know that dimension, from pole to side of gunnel, but I think it is a few inches wider. Have to check that out .

2. Banned
    Rmc949,

I’m with you, 2 or 3 rods out for me. Think about it, the more rods you have out on tournament day is either a sign you have no clue what to do that day or you want everyone to see how many rods you have ...? I don’t know? I rig for every situation the day before, my primary focus is on the deck, the rest are in the box ready to go.

3. Member
    My brothers Ranger z519, 66 inches at front post. Love the Vexus 1980, but narrow deck at front seat is a concern also.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12