Diawa Fuego Spinning -Your thoughts

I'm looking at the 2500 XH. Anyone have any + or - comments? I know the BG is about the same price but adds about 2 oz of weight. I like the lighter reel. I was looking at it at Cabelas and that reel is smoother than the Shimano Ultegra and lighter. I always liked Daiwa spinning reels.

Not interested in other brands, thanks
    2018 G3 Sportsman 17 90 SHO

2. Member
    Love mine. Bought one last year to test it out and bought two more. Smooth, light, fast and a steal at $80

3. Member
    I got one a while ago. Fuego LT. Really nice reel. I think i found it on amazon for 70$.

4. Member
    I've owned and used the Fuego LT and the Tatula LT. The biggest difference is the rigidity in the frames. The Fuego has some definitive handle flex when your fighting a fish. The tatula has no flex at all. The handle flexing on a Fuego isn't that big of a deal, it's not like it's going to break BUT it's definitely where Daiwa shaved off some money.

5. Member
    Have the 2500 XH, no complaints, very smooth reel, Nice reel for the price. (do have two BG's, like the build slightly better).

Quote Originally Posted by punch View Post
    I've owned and used the Fuego LT and the Tatula LT. The biggest difference is the rigidity in the frames. The Fuego has some definitive handle flex when your fighting a fish. The tatula has no flex at all. The handle flexing on a Fuego isn't that big of a deal, it's not like it's going to break BUT it's definitely where Daiwa shaved off some money.

Yes, but at twice the price?

7. Member
    I have a couple 2500 Fuegos and really like them. I got the faster retrieve 6.2:1 versions and I like the little faster line pick up with these. Great drag as well. Won't be disappointed with these.

8. Member
    Awesome reel for the price . Excellent drag . Nice and light !

Thanks guys. I looked at one at Cabelas and couldn't believe how smooth and balanced the rotor is compared to my older Symetre FL

10. Member
    Check out the Daiwa BG 2500 -- it's fantastic and worth the few extra bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Greywalls View Post
    Check out the Daiwa BG 2500 -- it's fantastic and worth the few extra bucks.
    I'm sure, but it weighs 2 oz more.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    I'm sure, but it weighs 2 oz more.
    In a perfect world, you could mount each on the rod you'll be using and check out the feel and balance... I was gun-shy about the BG, too -- thinking that it was going to be equivalent to a saltwater outfit (for lack of better words). The BG on my 7' MH St Croix Premier balances like a dream and makes the whole outfit "feel" lighter (even if the scales would show otherwise). It's always weird to me how balance can play such a big part in the "feel" of a setup...

Another thing to consider about the Fuego is that it is Magsealed, which some folks say makes them more difficult to service. All of the Daiwa spinners are awesome, though.