Banned

Anther new kayak owner

Well actually 2 new kayaks, one for me and one for my wife!.

After tons of research we decided on the Vibe Sea Ghost 110. I thought about getting the 130 and a 110 but decided the 110 was plenty good enough. We never paddled a kayak before today. We tested the Native 12'
    https://nativewatercraft.com/product/ultimate-12/
    and
    https://nativewatercraft.com/product/slayer-12-xc/
    Both were nice kayaks but the ultimate was a bit advanced for me stability wise and the Slayer was extremely stable but felt like a barge, but very stable, safe and well built.

Anyway, having a baseline for the 2 Natives We drove to the Vibe dealer and tested the 110. It was exactly as I thought after watching tons of youtube videos and reading. It is very stable but not as stable as the Slayer, but plenty good. I water tested the 110 in 2 types of water conditions. The first test it was blowing about 15 knots on open water and it was rough. I had no trouble at all. Then we took it over to and area surrounded by trees and flat calm water. I was able to stand and paddle with no problem. It handled almost as good as the Native Ultimate and much easer to control than the Slayer, faster than the Slayer too.They came with paddles and a rudder and they were on sale for just a bit over $700.!!! Now I will say some of the other kayaks I've looked at in person (but not water tested) Like the Bonafide, Feel Free Lure, seemed to be a bit higher in quality but in the end there is nothing on the Vibe I can't tweek and improve, like the rudder peddle controls. Hey, for the price none of the others even came close.

We stopped off on the way home to try them out again. Encountered my first gator...no problem, I kept my distance and he never even looked my way.

Very nice! A lot of folks in the sea ghosts for sure. Without the pedal drive (taking it to wayyyy different price point) I don’t think I’d be in a Slayer either.
    He/him
    Kayak fishing in a Native Slayer Max 12.5
    Lowrance Elite 9 ti2

3. Member
    Congratulations. Your first kayak might not be your last, but I was always sorry that I sold my first kayak. Enjoy!

4. Member
    congrats

Congrats to you and your wife. I'm currently looking at replacing my Ascend (passing it off to my son) with a pedal drive...just haven't had time or weather to test the ones I'm looking at.
    2016 Nitro Z21
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

Congrats . Nice boats.

7. Member
    Congratulations on the new yak. I’ve been watching YouTube videos for weeks about these Vibes and will be getting one this spring.