Thread: Crazy as a loon

Praying Crazy as a loon

The TN River is flooding like crazy as about everybody on the planet knows. My lake house is not in danger but the water is at summer pool level so it is up about 5.5'. Further upstream towards Guntersville Dam the water is actually over the wall that separates the lock from the spill ways. Never have I seen that before. Anway, yesterday I put my boat in at the cabin to fish around the area surrounding my place. I was bored and had to get out. No worries in my Bassport since I was never going to run it above a good on plane pace. Trees the size of houses were floating down river, river marking buoys were loose floating down river, and everything imaginable in between. I was sitting there casting and heard something that sound like a bassboat going full throttle. I turned and looked up river and this stupid fool WAS wide open as wide open can be coming down river. There is tens of millions of pieces of trash in the river and this idiot was throwing a rooster tail 30' high. I hope he made it back safely. God indeed must take care of babies and idiots or else we would be seeing the rescue squad looking for him and his passenger.

When I drove Rescue One, we referred to them as organ donors ..

3. Member
    Getting the going for that unbeatable max speed it sounds like

4. Member
    Hope your river does better than ours did. The rivers around Wilmington, NC were at 0% Oxigen for some time. One of the guys in my club actually caught bass right after the storm on the road in front of his house. there are pictures of 1000's of fish covering parts of I40. I don't think anybody ahs caught a fish in the rivers around here since the Hurricane,

5. Member
    Living the good life on Lake Hartwell, Fair Play, SC
    Hopefully the rain will subside long enough for the TN river to be more navigable for he Classic in a few weeks. I've run that portion of the TN river from Loudon to Knoxville during a fe rallies in June and it's like a mine field
    2013 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

6. Member
    I went out again yesterday from my cabin and stayed downriver. The fish are there and are catchable but running long distance is way off my list of things I'll do until it settles down. I have to admit, I got a smallmouth Friday afternoon that sure did get me excited. I almost stayed too late in the afternoon. Storms came and I was glad I was off the water by then.

7. Member
    It takes all kinds. But it only takes that one time. Big difference in an adrenaline junky and an idiot. Sounds like a game of frogger in a boat to me. Hope he made it through.