Forward casting with live scope question

Guys with live scope.... if you bomb a cast with a crankbait, can you watch your bait come into view in the water column? See a follower?

Every video I've seen so far is vertical jigging, I'm curious on feedback to not have to fish on top of targets.
    Last edited by jetswu87; 02-23-2019 at 09:50 AM.

2. Member
    You can if you get it in the cone, which would probably work better on a pole mounted hand aimed set up instead of the TM set ups you see a lot of. I have thrown a 6xd out and watched it come back to the boat, saw fish follow it and not hit it.
    2007 Ranger Z21
    2007 Yamaha 250 HPDI

Quote Originally Posted by jetswu87 View Post
    Guys with live scope.... if you bomb a cast with a crankbait, can you watch your bait come into view in the water column? See a follower?

Every video I've seen so far is be vertical jigging, I'm curious on feedback to not have to fish on top of targets.
    I can always see a crankbait out to 60-65 feet or so, and umbrella rig out to 80+ feet. No problem seeing fish at those distances and beyond.
    Garmin Pro Team

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by wconn View Post
    You can if you get it in the cone, which would probably work better on a pole mounted hand aimed set up instead of the TM set ups you see a lot of. I have thrown a 6xd out and watched it come back to the boat, saw fish follow it and not hit it.
    "In the cone" is the tough part. They can be seen though. I can see my 32 oz crappie jig to at least 40 feet.

5. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Yes and a crankbait or something hard has a better return (brighter)we have been watching jerk baits I’ll get some video today of different lure today if we don’t get blown off the lake.

6. Member
    Thanks for the replies! I do plan on having a seperate pole, i use spotlock on my xi5 too much. Looking forward to the videos.

7. Member
    My brother has a set up he made with PVC and a ram mount that works pretty well. I do not have this on my boat but I am wishing I did!
    2007 Ranger Z21
    2007 Yamaha 250 HPDI