Banned

Any intel on Clinton?

Never been there. Thinking about going in the next few weeks to shake off this cabin fever. Worth the 3 hour drive?

2. Proud American Union local16's Avatar
    Sorry but I haven't been in a while. The warm water arm is shut off to fishing due to waterfowl refuge till april 1st. I understand the lake is ice free up to the west access with ice in the backs of coves. Mascoutin ramp is between the marina and the bridge where it is shut-off which would be your best bet for fishing this time of the year..

Dale Sinclair original

3. Banned
    You sure? Reason I'm asking is there are 7 scheduled tournaments the 2 weekends prior to April 1st (no pressure there) https://www.ifishillinois.org/profil...waternum=00091
    I suppose I can just call the dnr during the week

4. Member
    83 tournaments this year at last count. 9 lb largy boated during one last year may be why. Smallmouth as well. Lot of crappie. Start at the bridge, thats where the warmest water will be. Good spot for cats and everything else. Never seem to get walleye there though. Watch for stumps you can't see in the coves. Turning into the chain on weekends. Worth the drive? Gonna depend on how many you catch.
    Please release me,let me go.

5. Member
    Ar this point I think anything within 3hrs is worth the drive unless it's howling wind or cold rain. My cabin fever is so bad I'm thinking about flipping some puddles with after the rain we're getting today. I'm keeping my eye on the weather there and plan to make a few day trips on Fridays in March and April.

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak16 View Post
    83 tournaments this year at last count. 9 lb largy boated during one last year may be why. Smallmouth as well. Lot of crappie. Start at the bridge, thats where the warmest water will be. Good spot for cats and everything else. Never seem to get walleye there though. Watch for stumps you can't see in the coves. Turning into the chain on weekends. Worth the drive? Gonna depend on how many you catch.
    Rumored big catches is the reason I was thinking of heading out there. If I'm going to deal with shitty weather I'd rather head there than Braidwood or LaSalle which I understand is the dead sea nowadays.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slonezp View Post
    Rumored big catches is the reason I was thinking of heading out there. If I'm going to deal with shitty weather I'd rather head there than Braidwood or LaSalle which I understand is the dead sea nowadays.
    The 9 was a tournament fish so no rumor. Use the electronics Scan the creek channel if they are deep that's the spot. If not rip rap northsh side.
    Please release me,let me go.

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak16 View Post
    The 9 was a tournament fish so no rumor. Use the electronics Scan the creek channel if they are deep that's the spot. If not rip rap northsh side.

9. Member
    Looking to head down there next weekend to shake the boat down
    I'm not dead yet.....competition is the life blood of any human being

10. Proud American Union local16's Avatar
    As of yesterday Shelbyville is ice free so I'm guessing Clinton is as well

Dale Sinclair original

11. Member
    I fished Clinton yesterday. Water temp in the marina was 38, mauscoutin 44 and 56 at the bridge. Wanted to get out and play with my new Ultrex. Definitely worth buying if anyone is looking. Managed 1 bass 16inches near the bridge flipping a laydown.