updating older truck w/ cameras and integrated screens?

I am thinking of updating my 2005 GMC truck with a back up camera and touch screens similar to what is in the new cars. Specifically a screen that can link to the phone with audio and navigation. If you have done something similar I'd like to hear about it. How much did it cost and did you do it yourself? I am just starting exploring the possibilities so any advice is appreciated. thanks.
    Richard Bates
    USCG Retired
    2010 Bass Cat Puma
    2012 250 hp Mercury ProXS
    Family Boat - 2011 Key West 189FS w/ Yamaha F115TX
    Truck - 2005 GMC 3500 D/A SRW LB CC
    RV- 2012 RoadTrek 210 Simplicity (named E-Pod)

http://BassCat.com
    Purefishing.com
    Denalirods.com

That Is something I'd like to do to my Tundra, would definitely make squaring up to trailer tons easier. Should have had that done when I bought it...

2014 Ranger RT188
    115 Merc 4s, laser II 20p
    humminbirds

3. Member
    Look for forums specific to your vehicle, too get exact instructions, links, pricing, etc.

For example, I have a Nissan Frontier. Clubfrontier.org has some threads for doing this very thing.
    Have seen where some people installed a tablet, for navigation, music, phone. Not sure how it'd work with a backup camera.

Crutchfield is also a good resource to see what's out there that fits your vehicle. And sometimes it's even worth ordering from them since they give you all the adapters, etc for the head unit.

5. Member
    With all of the great and free navigation apps for smart phones available, I would not bother with a built in vehicle navigation system. Waze runs perfectly on my Android phone. Invest in a good cell phone holder to put the phone up at near eye level and you are good to go.

https://www.proclipusa.com/