Fury 4 or Bravo I XS - Eyra

I am running a 25P Fury3 on my Eyra currently and runs great. Want a tournament load prop and the Fury3 is obviously great for topend, but doesn't like the heavier loads like a 4 blade. Looking into either a Fury4 or Bravo I XS for the holeshot and better midrange punch. Ran a Bravo I XS on my Ranger, was awesome, and ran a Fury4 on my Phoenix and was great as well. Just figuring out which one everyone likes for the Eyra. Our lakes here are filling up but a 10 minute run is a long one for us usually, so the low-end and mid-range is a key
    2018 BassCat Eyra - 250Pro XS

2. Member
    With the heat in AZ, I would get a 24 Fury 3 and have it worked by Ronnie Gilbert. You would get the Hole shot, and quick acceleration for those short runs.
    Ronnie handles most prop work for Bass Cat boats and is familiar with what it takes to make them run.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

3. Member
    I have talked to him and probably going to send out my 25 Fury, but with the added cost of buying a new prop then the custom work, I can get a new 4 blade cheaper, so I was looking at going that route
    2018 BassCat Eyra - 250Pro XS

Following and interested in what pitch Bravo I XS to run on a 2018 Eyra? Eyra equipped with dual 8' Blades, 4 group 31 batts, 112 Ultrex 52". Looking for better hole shot for shallow lakes.

5. Member
    Southeast Louisiana here so I am well in tune with needing a good hole shot to get up in shallow water and running in very hot and humid conditions. I am on my second Eyra and both boats have seen me be more satisfied with running a 24"Fury 3 blade tuned by Mr. Ronnie. Sure, I can put a larger wheel on and get 80 mph top speeds but it takes forever to get there and the hole shot sucks. I had a tournament last week where there were about 4 of us with very similar top speeds and I would have probably got em out the hole with my 24 but I was trying to run a 26" and they got in front of me on take off and I just didn't have time to get around them. Also, it's better for rough water handling, effiency, heavy loads. You will sacrifice a couple Mph but I can still run 77 or so and I had 3 in the boat running 75. It's all a compromise and if 2 mph is super important then stay with the bigger prop.

The 4 blade just might be the ticket but I haven't run one on my eyra. I'd like to try one as well to see what the trade off is.
    Chris Coupel
    Paulina, La.

6. Member
    Send your 25 fury 3 blade to Ronnie and forget about the 4 blade.

7. Member
    I agree with Firecat. Ronnie can work some magic on a Fury prop as long as you communicate what you want it do. I have a 26P Fury 3 that he worked and it has a great holeshot and top end and I fish Northwest Louisiana so I am shallow all the time as well.

Shap-you need to come up here and show me how to run a 4 blade I guess because I have a brand new 25P Fury 4 and can only get 73 out of it by myself. My 26/3 will touch 82 by myself.

I’ve had a Fury 4 25 for summer and a Fury 4 26 for winter. I currently have on a Bravo I XS 26 and I prefer the Bravo I XS over the Fury 4. I sold the Fury 4’s. Over on the owners forum there’s a thread related to the Bravo I XS and the Eyra. I’m very happy with my Bravo. I also have a Fury 3 26 that’s been worked on by Ronnie. I’m going to send it to him and have some extra vent holes added and see how I like it. If you’re want a 4 blade I suggest the Bravo I XS.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Texlacat View Post
    I agree with Firecat. Ronnie can work some magic on a Fury prop as long as you communicate what you want it do. I have a 26P Fury 3 that he worked and it has a great holeshot and top end and I fish Northwest Louisiana so I am shallow all the time as well.

Shap-you need to come up here and show me how to run a 4 blade I guess because I have a brand new 25P Fury 4 and can only get 73 out of it by myself. My 26/3 will touch 82 by myself.
    I doubt I could do any better. I have not had luck with the 4 blades I've tried on my Eyra's so far. I ran a 27"Trophy, 25" Powertech TRO4, 28 Bravo XS, and did not like them overall. The Trophy and Powertech ran good on top end and handled well but the hole shot just wasn't what I needed. I have not run a Fury 4 yet but do want to try one just for kicks.
    Chris Coupel
    Paulina, La.

73-74 was all I ever got out of my Fury 4 25.