Need some help please... Never fished Kerr!!!

Hey guys I am looking for a little help. I have a small club tx on Kerr the 16th of March and have never fished there. We will be going out of the North Bend ramp. Could I get some ideas, suggestions, water temps and color? My strengths are spinnerbaits, flipping, and offshore jerkbaiting. Any ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx
    250 Pro xs 4S Serial # 3B010758

If your strengths are spinnerbaits and flipping, I don't know how much help you'll need at Buggs.
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadows View Post
    If your strengths are spinnerbaits and flipping, I don't know how much help you'll need at Buggs.
    Is that meant in a positive way??
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx

4. Member
    If water is in the bushes spinnerbaits and jigs will be big producers. Normal pool is 300. When you start getting into the 302+ range there will be good water in the bushes. Water level depends on two things... weather and how much water they run at the damn. Sometimes they do not let it get too high for too long. Kerr lake is huge I would strongly suggest breaking it down into small sections and focus on one section at a time. Grassy and nutbush creeks are big producers. Will you be Prefishing? Crankbaits, spinnerbaits, jigs, jerkbaits should all produce. Prespawn should be in full swing by then. I will probably be down there the weekend of the 9th and 10th.
    2013 Ranger Z521 250E-Tech H.O.
    hawghuntersbassclub.org

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JINXBASS View Post
    Hey guys I am looking for a little help. I have a small club tx on Kerr the 16th of March and have never fished there. We will be going out of the North Bend ramp. Could I get some ideas, suggestions, water temps and color? My strengths are spinnerbaits, flipping, and offshore jerkbaiting. Any ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys
    I have Kerr Lake fishing reports on my fishing reports website. They may help give you an idea of what's going on between now and then.

Just use the link in my signature to get there.
    We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children
    ><((((º>'·.¸¸.·´¯'·.¸.·´¯'·...¸><((((º>'·.¸¸.·´¯'· .¸.·´¯'·...><((((º>

6. Member
    Water is 301 and rising. I personally like 303 but with only a couple weeks we will need some warm weather to get a good push into the bushes. Water was 46 there last week. I like to work points in 20ft of water with spoons, jerkbaits and swimbaits. Good luck

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jakekups88 View Post
    If water is in the bushes spinnerbaits and jigs will be big producers. Normal pool is 300. When you start getting into the 302+ range there will be good water in the bushes. Water level depends on two things... weather and how much water they run at the damn. Sometimes they do not let it get too high for too long. Kerr lake is huge I would strongly suggest breaking it down into small sections and focus on one section at a time. Grassy and nutbush creeks are big producers. Will you be Prefishing? Crankbaits, spinnerbaits, jigs, jerkbaits should all produce. Prespawn should be in full swing by then. I will probably be down there the weekend of the 9th and 10th.
    I plan on prefishing that weekend.
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric13579 View Post
    I have Kerr Lake fishing reports on my fishing reports website. They may help give you an idea of what's going on between now and then.

Just use the link in my signature to get there.
    The fishing reports are the exact same as Charlie Taylor's reports. Are they all the same?
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx

When the water gets up, don't hesitate to fish around any picnic tables you see in the water.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JINXBASS View Post
    The fishing reports are the exact same as Charlie Taylor's reports. Are they all the same?
    Charlie Taylor is only one of my many sources for fishing reports. As you can see, most of my reports (including Buggs Island Lake) are from individual fishermen, who's individual fishing reports are not all the same.
    We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children
    ><((((º>'·.¸¸.·´¯'·.¸.·´¯'·...¸><((((º>'·.¸¸.·´¯'· .¸.·´¯'·...><((((º>

11. Member
    C Rig on main lake point with a zoom 5 inch green pumpkin lizard

12. Member
    Thanks for the help guys. I will be there the 9th and 10th for a little prefishing. I will let you know how it goes.
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx

13. Member
    I would be checking main lake and secondary points. I would try c-rig/jig and try to find rocky areas on those points. If you find fish on those points fish them with a crank bait. I like a DT-6 or a DT-10. If you can get bit on the cranks just run as many points as you can.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumping Jimmy View Post
    I would be checking main lake and secondary points. I would try c-rig/jig and try to find rocky areas on those points. If you find fish on those points fish them with a crank bait. I like a DT-6 or a DT-10. If you can get bit on the cranks just run as many points as you can.
    Thanks... I just suck at cranking. I wish I could catch fish on them. I have plenty and looking at the weather prespawn looks like it will be a little late.
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx