Thread: Crappie Madness

Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar

Crappie Madness

Anyone get out and get to set in on any seminars? Learn anything you wasn't already aware of? Due to my work schedule and being out of town and sick kiddos I was not able to attend. I due know Todd Huckabee was in Grove Last weekend at the hunting and fishing expo.

My seminars have been on the water. This is my first winter in Virginia with a boat. I found that bass fishing can be brutal when the water temps are in the 40’s. So I started crappie fishing. Trying to learn as much as I can online and using that to try to find em. Each time I have been out, ive managed to catch a few more. Last thursday I got a limit of nice ones. Im totally addicted to learning this type of fishing during the off season of bass. I am an absolute rookie at it, but im having a blast and learning a ton. Going again on Monday
    Ranger R81VS, Mercury 175EFI w/ 25 Tempest

3. Proud American Union local16's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by turfy49431 View Post
    My seminars have been on the water. This is my first winter in Virginia with a boat. I found that bass fishing can be brutal when the water temps are in the 40’s. So I started crappie fishing. Trying to learn as much as I can online and using that to try to find em. Each time I have been out, ive managed to catch a few more. Last thursday I got a limit of nice ones. Im totally addicted to learning this type of fishing during the off season of bass. I am an absolute rookie at it, but im having a blast and learning a ton. Going again on Monday
    Dennis, PM me your address and I'll send you some of my weedless crappie jigs. When the crappie get buried in the brush, these jigs will allow you to go in and get em.

Dale Sinclair original