Correct 5th Wheel Hitch?

I am going to purchase a 2011 Crossroads Cruiser 5th wheel this weekend. I would like to know what 5th wheel hitch needs to be put in with my 2019 Ford F-350 6.5 foot box. Is there a chart that matches things up ? Would like to do some research before I get to the dealer.

dvl2700

2. Member
    B&W makes excellent ones. They can direct you as to what you need.

3. Winter can end now..... BoatBuggy's Avatar
    If you got the 5th wheel prep on your truck (which I'm guessing you did), B&W, CURT and Reese make the "standard" hitches specifically to fit the holes in the bed (they call them "pucks"). With the 6.5 ft box, you might want to consider a slider hitch. Here's links to the B&W ones.....

https://www.bwtrailerhitches.com/pro...ion-ford-pucks
    https://www.bwtrailerhitches.com/pro...der-ford-pucks

Another kind of hitch is the Andersen hitch and lots of people swear by them. Here's the link for their stuff - https://andersenhitches.com/Catalog/...onnection.aspx

I have the "standard" Reese hitch for my 2019 F-350 8 ft box. The puck system makes the hitch easy to remove but so far I've just left mine in the back because the weight of the hitch makes the ride of the F-350 a little less bone jarring on the crappy roads we have at home.
    2013 Ranger Z520c, 2013 Yamaha 250 SHO
    2018 Ranger RT198p, 2013 Mercury 150 Optimax

4. Member
    If you have a goose neck ball in the bed I would look at the Anderson hitch. Only weighs 35 pounds and takes about 5 minutes to install/remove. I love mine.

5. Banned
    Depending on the front cap of the trailer, coupled with the 6' bed, you may want to consider a sidewinder to keep the cap from hitting the cab.

6. Member
    I would look at the Andersen Ultimate or Pullrite Superlite.
    War Eagle Blackhawk 2170 - Suzuki 150, MG Xi5
    Lowrance HDS 7" & 9" - Twin Talon 12' Anchors

7. Member
    IMO fifth wheel hitches are like anything else each mfg has it plus and minuses. First thing first make sure you match the hitch to the weight of the camper, bigger is fine lower is not. Example some are only rated at 10k and go up from there. Once you have your plate weight calculated then it’s onto the arm that support the plates. As was asked was your truck set up for a fifth wheel as that’s one style. I use the rail system, my running partner hitch frame is mounted under the bed with a single hole in the bed in his configuration he can go from Fitch wheel to goose neck in a snap. We both have 6.5 beds and run sliders, his camper a slider is a must mine not so much unless it’s a hard 90 dog turn. His is a B&W. My hitch is a Husky and is mounted to its third truck second fifth wheel. E trailer has a ton of good articles on the subject. The other thing is I prefer to have my cord in the bed vs draped over the tailgate, if you choose to run on.

2023 Phoenix 920 Elite
    2023 Mercury Pro XS 4S

8. Member
    Thanks for all of the information. Yes I did get the 5th wheel prep and the plug is in the bed of the truck. May need a slider. Would like to take the hitch out of the truck occasionally if I need to haul stuff in the bed. Will definitely get something that is rated for the weight of the trailer and all the stuff thrown into it.
    Again, Thanks,
    dvl2700

9. Banned
    If you can afford it go with a AirSafe 25k,best hitch I ever owned.