Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    I didn't think I would make it to 30...then I hit 40...still not sure how

I know one thing now thay I didn't before my father died a few months ago. He wanted a tractor for ever...not any tractor but a nice one, a kubota with a backhoe, and all the other goodies. He got it about 5 years ago. Got to enjoy it for maybe a year before dementia and all that shit took him...I told myself I'm not gonna let that happen to me. My old work work and work some more attitude sorta left me. I'm gonna get the boat I want this year come hell or highway er so I can enjoy it while I'm able to...yes it's selfish but I've been killin myself so I can afford the toy I want most
    2020 Skeeter ZX150

2. Member
    Little bit of luck, little bit of skill.

3. Member
    Absolutely. My dad passed away when I was 9, he was 50. Second heart attack. My mom passed away on 9/11/17 at 64. My stepsister was killed by a drunk driver 6/8/01, she was 17. A friend of mine passed away in 2004 at 21 from a car accident. Another friend passed away at 36, and I'm about to turn 37, and he took way better care of himself than I do. My oldest boy is about to turn 11, and every day I see him, I think about when I was turning 11, I hated the world and had almost no friends because I didn't want friends, because my dad was taken from me. I see my son every day and worry "what would he do without me?" I've accepted that I won't make it to 60, and it's scary some days, mostly because I worry about making sure my kids are set to live their lives.
    2001 Champion 187 Yamaha 175
    12' Talons, Lithiums and Garmins
    All pulled by a Hemi

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Milehibird View Post
    Absolutely. My dad passed away when I was 9, he was 50. Second heart attack. My mom passed away on 9/11/17 at 64. My stepsister was killed by a drunk driver 6/8/01, she was 17. A friend of mine passed away in 2004 at 21 from a car accident. Another friend passed away at 36, and I'm about to turn 37, and he took way better care of himself than I do. My oldest boy is about to turn 11, and every day I see him, I think about when I was turning 11, I hated the world and had almost no friends because I didn't want friends, because my dad was taken from me. I see my son every day and worry "what would he do without me?" I've accepted that I won't make it to 60, and it's scary some days, mostly because I worry about making sure my kids are set to live their lives.
    I know exactly how you feel...I've felt the same way since my father died and I hardly take care of myself. I worry about my daughters all the time (they are 8 and 3)...my wife was sorta stunned when she tried to talk to me about me recently as I told her "I know I'm broken" and I knew exactly what she was gonna say. I don't want anybody right now even though I need them. It's hard to explain it to an innocent person that has never endured the pain and trials of a soul that has both cheated and is surrounded by death to the point thay they have become numb to it
    2020 Skeeter ZX150

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamaman View Post
    We lost a son in law to multiple myeloma too at age 45. His daughter (our granddaughter) died at 23 years when her drug dealer boyfriend shot her in the back. Our daughter was taking care of her 5 year old granddaughter, and she died 2 years ago of a heart attack. We had to run one grandson off when he stayed drunk all the time. The other grandson stole and pawned a bunch of our Christmas presents, and he's in jail in Jacksonville, FL for being a thieving drug addict.

Our 31 year old daughter stays high all the time, and we have custody of a 7 year old girl. We've been robbed twice and am having to fight with our insurance company on the last burglary. My daughter's boyfriend totaled out her car, and she's on permanently ankle express without any job. My insurance company cancelled our insurance for unauthorized drivers wrecking my cars, and the new insurance increased 100%. You can raise kids right, but they still have free wills.

This all may be the truth, but we're not complaining. Nothing that has happened will prevent us from properly raising Brynley who's in a private school 2nd grade. She's remarkably well adjusted and ingrained in our church. We're taking her to Madrid, Barcelona and Paris as soon as school's out and she's the light of our lives.
    Real estate companies will list a house without putting a sign in your yard. From the sound of it you need to get the hell out of there and not tell any of your relatives where you move to, and rent a P.O. box that will forward mail to you for a fee. Drugs have ruined your family, and they will be looking for the 7 year old before long.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123