Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

You ever wonder why you are still living?

Lost a buddy on tuesday, 39 years old and had to deal with a brain tumor for the last 4 years. 3 kids and a wife and today he would have turned 40. Same day a local judge, mother, and all around good person also died from cancer at 42. Both of them were good people, and is a reminder that life can be fleeting.

Was talking to another friend and he asked what did we do to still be lucky enough to be alive. We both have loss plenty of friends, and both of us did enough stupid shit in our youth we shouldn't be lucky enough to be alive. Seems like the good ones always are the ones that die way too soon.
    "It's even, but it ain't settled. Let's settle it." Fast Eddie
    I still can't believe they actually won...Cubs Fans Everywhere

2. Member
    Interesting post question...lost my dad at 50...thought about it the day after "I" turned 50 and that I'd outlived him...seemed weird...lost a cousin at 18 to a drunk driver...was 15 at the time...surreal was only way I could describe it

2012 Stratos 189 VLO/150 Mercury Pro XS/MinnKota Terrova

3. Member
    Sorry to hear about your buddy, I know how it feels because I lost a buddy years ago to cancer at age 45. We shared a lot of fishing trips together and he was one of the "good guys". There have been other friends who have died young and it has made me appreciate each day I'm alive even more. Tomorrow isn't promised for anyone, so live each day like it's your last and appreciate the simple things in life.

4. Member
    We will all lose good friends along our paths.
    The lesson is to live life to the fullest with happiness and joy for all other humans even though they may not be our perfect friends. A howdy, an open door, a pick up a fallen Child, or so many other small things we can do each day to make someone else’s life better and hopefully they will pass it on and magnify the good deed times ten.
    That is hope eternal for all humans.
    only we can plan and think so far ahead and for others.
    only we can decide to use the gift God has given us.

I try each day to bring a smile to someone else. That is the least and the most I can do at certain times.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Boat4Life View Post
    Tomorrow isn't promised for anyone, so live each day like it's your last and appreciate the simple things in life.
    Couldnt agree more, life is truly fragile.

6. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    I can't believe the good Lord has let me live this long.......I've done everything wrong for so long in my life and I'm still here......I see more deserving people leaving this world at a much younger age than I and I can only assume that the good Lord is giving them their rewards early....It STILL don't seem right to me but......

7. Member
    Spotsylvania, Va. 22553. Near Frederi mm lcksburg, Va
    I wish I could understand why things happen they way they do but I don't. I've lost friends and family. Most were older but not all.. so sad.
    I hope and pray that when I pass I'll be given a better understanding of why..

8. Member
    Been a tough week seems for a lot of people. A lady I work with lost her husband of 43 years to a massive heat attack last Sunday, think he was 60. Another co-worker's wife, who was 43 passed away Monday. She had been fighting cancer for 3 years and her husband and 12 year old son have to handle life without their rock. Another lady I work with passed away Tuesday from a long battle with cancer. They say death comes in 3s and always thought it was a bunch of BS but I'm starting to wonder. Every day we have here is a blessing and but life as we know it can change so fast. I have a son that got in trouble a few years back and is now serving a 7 year federal prison sentence, I honestly thought my world was coming to an end and couldn't think about anything except for that. About a month after my son went to prison, one of my best friends lost his only child to a drug overdose, he was 26. My pity party ended really fast and it truly put things into perspective.

9. Banned
    September 17, 1967... my family was involved the the Mount Washington, NH cog railway accident. We didn't fully understand the whole situation until all of the facts came out, and then we realized just how much divine intervention saved us that day. My brother and I were in the seats in front of my parents and had to move back and sit with them because of the crowds.... the 2 teens in those seats died. We broke loose from the engine due to a partially tripped switch and free rolled down the mountain until for no reason, we tipped over on a rocky ledge 500 feet before a plummet of a mile and a half down Mount Washington. To this day, there has been no explanation why we did, but I now know.

We all survived, which is a miracle. Every day is a blessing to me.

10. Member
    I'm an old timer at 82 and have done a lot of stupid things in my lifetime.
    It's bad enough to be hampered with medical conditions but I just had to push it with any device having to do with speed.
    I thank God I'm still here to help my wife and am very sorry for anyone not able to do the things that life commits us to.

11. Banned
    Sorry for all above. I've been to too many funerals and carried my best friend to his final resting place. Had to make the choice of telling the DRs to stop manually pumping my first born sons heart after 14 short days alive. My own place was saved here back in December when I fought to stay alive from falling out of boat. Cancer,Drugs,Suicide and unfortunate incidents are the reasons my world is smaller. Stay strong................

12. Member
    It's hard to make any sense of life when it comes to who rides the train the end and who loses their seat before expected. Literally all the friends of my youth that I could keep track of are gone. Stone pillows, green blankets. Both men and women alike.
    I'm 76. I hitch the Stratos to the Silverado and drive to the river any time I want to. I have written about the 4 times I went overboard unexpectedly, twice in 39 degree water. I survived a grenade explosion, broken bones, rollover car crashes, my stupidity in spelunking and 4 years in the service with very limited Vietnam visits.
    It does get lonely. December last year I lost a fishing partner who happened to be my nephew, at age 47. Before you feel sorry for me think about his mother, my younger sister. She had three children. Her youngest daughter died at age 43 last September. She lost 2 of her 3 children in a three month span. It makes no sense to me.
    There's nobody left to recall old times with.

13. Member
    Life can toss some chit at u for sure

14. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Friend of mine never knew two uncles. One died at 17 from doing something stupid and the other at 20 from a freak health issue. His dad, the only surviving child, just buried his mother who spent the last 25 years or so with dementia bad enough she couldn't figure out why the two sons never came to visit, but not so bad she didn't keep remembering a few times a year what happened and then crying for days as if she had just lost them.

Life is fleeting, with no guarantees for tomorrow for any of us. Enjoy it while you can and don't take your friends and family for granted.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

one of my closest friends lost him 3 years ago he was 52

16. Member
    Missing most of my family ... dad, brother, one sister, wife, grandparents and more.
    Life is precious, more precious are our friends, family, and even strangers we meet.
    Every day is a gift. Our mission is to share it with others and make a difference.

17. Member
    Life can be so full of sad stories that you can easily question your faith and fall victim to depression. I have found that you must accept that you will never understand Gods plan and learn to appreciate all the gifts you have been blessed with and let your loved ones know that they are loved. Try and have no regrets.

My little brother died five years ago from cancer at 44. It’s not fair at all. I’m still mad at God
    You can lead a horticulture,
    but you can't make her think.

I lost the love of my life 5 years ago to Multiple Myeloma. I took care of her but watched her die a slow horrible death for 5 years after her diagnosis. She was a health nut her whole life and even owned a tofu factory at one time before I met her.

I was a professional musician for 25 years, did every drug on the planet, and even was a NYC bike messenger for a few years when gigs were slow. Every time I get a checkup I'm fine. No meds, no high blood pressure, can't figure it out but am no longer taking life for granted and cherish every day.
    25th Anniversary Champion 187 SCX Elite
    Mercury 175 EFI
    Perception Pescador Pro 120 Kayak
    Aquos 10ft Pontoon Boat

20. Member
    When I was 19 Mom, Dad and I went back for Thanksgiving to visit family (we had moved away shortly after I graduated HS) and I was driving my Dad's new Ranger out in the country visiting with some friends. Coming up on some train tracks, slowed down to cross and got slammed by the train that was coming. No lights at the crossing, myself and the friend with me did not hear the horn or see the light. Dragged the truck about 100 yards down the tracks before it kicked us off into the ditch. We both walked out of it with some bruises and I had a laceration in by right eyelid where my glasses pushed up and cut me bad. Lucky I didn't lose my eye and very lucky that we were both alive (no seat belts on)!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast