VesselView Mobile and 200HP ProXS

2019 200 hp ProXS Serial #2B576075.
    UPDATE -
    So I installed the VesselView Mobile on my 2019 Mercury ProXS 4 stroke and received the following error message as it tried to connect to the app on my phone: “Error - Cannot complete initial setup. Please key on all engines and try again.” Obviously, I had the key in the “on” position (but not running) and I only have one engine. I tried closing the app and restarting as well shutting off my phone and restarting and am still receiving this message.

Anyone else experience this? Do you think I have to turn the motor on? In all the installation videos on YouTube, no one actually had to turn the motor on in order to get the device to connect to their phone. Also, my terminator has a red cap instead of a yellow one...would that matter and if so, what do I need to do?

Last edited by twise7; 02-21-2019 at 10:12 PM.
    “Without uncompromising faith, no miracle can ever occur.” - Stan Kellner

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Red cap is fine. Please turn the key ON, and inspect the VV Mobile unit for illuminated or flashing lights. No lights- no power.

Key must be in the RUN position in order to wake the PCM (and module).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    Red cap is fine. Please turn the key ON, and inspect the VV Mobile unit for illuminated or flashing lights. No lights- no power.

Key must be in the RUN position in order to wake the PCM (and module).
    Thank you. I must be doing something wrong as I cannot put the red cap on the pig tail end of the module. Any suggestions?
    “Without uncompromising faith, no miracle can ever occur.” - Stan Kellner

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Should fit without difficulty. Keep in mind- that Terminating Resistor Cap is removed without any prying, screwdrivers or other devices. Simply push the button and unplug it.

If you are still experiencing difficulties, post a picture of the inside of the plug, and the inside of the cap.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

5. Member
    I just put vessel view on my 2017 verado 200 and it connected right away, then the two yellow lights never shut off. It’s been two days and now my phone won’t find/connect to vessel view. Thoughts? Thanks
    UPdATE.
    i inplugged the vessel view and replicated it in and it loaded on my iPhone. Then I turned off the boat and the led lights went off after a few minutes. Tried it again this morning and it worked fine. Here’s hoping I don’t have to keep taking off the cowl etc and plugging and unplugging it on a regular basis.
    Last edited by Jowen1656; 03-02-2019 at 08:55 AM.

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    MPR Power remains on for up to 15 minutes after key-off (so you can raise/lower trim while trailering, etc).