Lew Childre BB1N and BB1NG worth

I was able to acquire a few of these reels. Two BB1N and two BB1NG that were made by Ryobi. These were before Browning and Quantum owned them...right after Lew Childre pulled production from Shimano to Ryobi in Japan. These models do not have the disengaging button on top and are in pretty decent shape. I am sure they could use a thorough cleaning but for the most part are solid. And they cast GREAT! I know David Fritts swore by these reels for many, many years. Any idea if I sold a few of them (don't need all four) what a reasonable and fair asking price would be and if anyone would be interested, just send me a message and I can get pictures to your email address. Thanks and best wishes on the water!

Completed listings (ones that actually sold) on the big auction site range mainly from $35-50, with an occasional one selling for $75.

You'll see one selling for $100-150 or so every once in a while, typically those are New with box, paperwork, etc and more of a collector interest.

Quote Originally Posted by 78Staff View Post
    Completed listings (ones that actually sold) on the big auction site range mainly from $35-50, with an occasional one selling for $75.

You'll see one selling for $100-150 or so every once in a while, typically those are New with box, paperwork, etc and more of a collector interest.
    I agree with this^^^. If they are not cosmetically clean, $35-$50 is all that you'll get.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments