Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasCharlie View Post
    I'll be on Ray Roberts in April. Currently deployed, ordered my first boat in January. I'm looking forward to Texas and fishing! I've heard the north section is dangerous - is it because of the stumps? I'm looking at doing engine break-in from Isle du Bois to the dam, then heading north to the 377 bridge area to fish.
    Thank you for your service .

Yes, stumps are the hazzard. It's open wate from Isle Du Bois to the damn. The dam is 2 miles long, so plenty of open water if you're just looking for a place to run your boat.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx Champ View Post
    She has a grooming business just east of Gainesville (K-9 Klips) ... tell her I sent you.
    I'd give her my business if she were a little farther east. Oak Ridge is just a tad far for 2 trips in 1 day.

3. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Try about 3hrs each way ... so we use PetSmart. She has a pretty good commute to work. She and Bert live on Moss Lake.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasCharlie View Post
    I'll be on Ray Roberts in April. Currently deployed, ordered my first boat in January. I'm looking forward to Texas and fishing! I've heard the north section is dangerous - is it because of the stumps? I'm looking at doing engine break-in from Isle du Bois to the dam, then heading north to the 377 bridge area to fish.
    Thank you for serving our country.

5. Member
    Make sure you join and start reading Texas fishing forum. Also shoot me a pm with your phone number I can give you contact info for a guy who will hook you up with maps and baits for that lake

6. Member
    Thanks, everyone! Sorry to hijack this gentleman's thread - I appreciate the wisdom. Experience has the right-of-way where I come from, and I'm in no hurry to demolish a brand new boat that I plan on keeping the rest of my life.

The time is quickly approaching...we are packing the house next week and will start our trek to Texas on April 14th. My boat will be in route to Cabelas in Allen, TX for warranty repair as my console is starting to spider web in the gel coat. Hopefully, they get me on the water quickly and their work is top notch.

See some of you on the water soon.
    Been fishin' since I was 5 years old...Thanks Grandpa!

We're here!!!! Moved in last Friday and are still in the process of unpacking everything. Boat is at Cabela's awaiting Ranger's response on how they plan to correct the issue. So I'm bank trash for a few days. AHAHAHHA

9. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Welcome to Texas!

Welcome to Texas. I was at Roberts on Friday but the lake was rolling about 3 ft swells so I fished from the shore line. Hopefully I'll get a day off to fish soon.

Thanks for the welcomes! I can't tell you how impressed I am with the friendliness of everyone so far. This is making the move so much more enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin R. View Post
    Welcome to Texas. I was at Roberts on Friday but the lake was rolling about 3 ft swells so I fished from the shore line. Hopefully I'll get a day off to fish soon.

Yeah, it's been howling out here recently. That last round of storms brought in some wind.

I can see that I'm going to learn to fish the wind very soon. It doesn't seem t

It calms down in the summer time but the heat makes it tough.

13. Member
    Robert's showed her good side Saturday at tto.

Any run past wolf is subject to water level. awesome lake wish I lived that close.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12