G-VILLE CURRENT LAKE CONDITIONS

How bad is the lake? Had an opportunity to come yesterday but canceled my trip. Thinking about coming down Sun thru Wednesday, thoughts on lake conditions by then are appreciated.

Thanks
    Ranger 518 dvx!!

2. Member
    I’m here.....Lake is very high and muddy and running fast in the river. The Goose Pond ramp docks are about 6” above the water as of an hour ago. Per the TVA site the lake will be down a foot by Saturday.....but that may be a tentative plan because it’s still raining. The water around GP ramp was stained but not nearly as muddy as the river.

3. Member
    Thanks FW appreciate it
    Ranger 518 dvx!!

4. Member
    Here is link to TVA info on Guntersville Lake......lake is running strong! On this site you will see where you can get this info on your cell phone.
    https://www.tva.gov/Environment/Lake...s/Guntersville

We had a tough time today. Caught some but not great. Watched a couple other boats catch fish. Think we were the only 3 boats out there.

6. Member
    Goose Pond under water this morning. I assume Waterfront is as well. High winds from the SE forecast tomorrow with current ripping from the north....not a good situation on the river. Remember......safety first!

7. Member
    Can you still launch?
    Pool 10

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mc Gregor View Post
    Can you still launch?
    Yes

9. Member
    what do you locals expect the water conditions to be like in a week? Will it recover pretty fast? I always think we're jinxed with horrible weather when we travel out of town to fish and this year doesn't seem to be any different. Torrential rain this week and we're showing up march 1st. A few days later they're projecting highs in the low 40's with frozen mix! Can't catch a break!

10. Member
    Fished Gville today and will be back on it tomorrow. Water isn’t very high but the current is ripping. Still some fair fishing going on. Water has a moderate stain to it for the most part. Found some clearer water down toward the dam.
    1992 Champion 184 SC / 1986 Yamaha 150hp

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bgbassin View Post
    Fished Gville today and will be back on it tomorrow. Water isn’t very high but the current is ripping. Still some fair fishing going on. Water has a moderate stain to it for the most part. Found some clearer water down toward the dam.
    That's good to hear! Did much grass get blown out?

12. Member
    Much of Gville was not fishable today after 10 am. Very tough conditions. Turning much colder next few days. It will take awhile for the flooding to subside.

13. Member
    A little bit but it’s not terrible.

Any new updates? I heard they were dropping it 1 foot per day

2019 721 ProXs 4S 250
    2B599739

15. Member
    I’ll probably be back on it this weekend. If I go I’ll try to give you guys an update Saturday evening.
    Last edited by bgbassin; 02-28-2019 at 11:04 PM.

I put in at South Saulty today and was able to get under the bridge taking out my pedestal seat and dropping the poles. River running wide open and muddy. Some coves were clear but most stained. Caught 2 keepers all day

2019 721 ProXs 4S 250
    2B599739

17. Member
    We only caught 2 keepers all day too Triton19x2. Couldn’t ever figure it out. Should’ve saw the river last weekend it was ridiculous. There is some fairly clear water down by browns creek. Goose Pond was fair.

18. Member
    I went out Sunday. Water was very stained in main lake. we stayed in lush branch and had slightly below average water vis.

We did pretty good till the cold front really came in and the wind started blowing.. They were up real shallow