Need a couple hundred more RPMs

Running a Ranger Z520 with a 225 HPDI that Hydrotech rebuilt with a phase 2 kit. On dyno it made 285hp at 6100 rpms, rev limiter set to 6150. Running a 25p T1, worked by Johns Hot props and spinning it at 5800rpms running 70 with just myself and a light load. Slidemaster JP set at 2in PTP, great water pressure. Hole shot is good, just wondering if I can get my RPMs up a bit. I can keep trimming the motor and really kite the bow and start to get some more RPMs but it wants to walk really bad, I’m having a tough time keeping the boat on pad and driving through the chine walk. Over all happy with the performance but would like to have it set up to perform to its potential. Should I raise my JP some more or maybe have a little more cup added to help with lift? I figured that the boat/motor combo would run low 70’s no problem. I’m not big on speed and I would rather have the hole shot and midrange but curious if there is a little more to be had. Thanks in advance.

Was it chine walking like that prior to the phase kit. Could be that you need more seat time to relearn the increased hp. Set up is trial and error. Aunts creek or Cape Fair will be your friend.
    Larry Eby, 2004 ChampioN 188 Elite/2003 200 Hp Vmax OX66
    "Romans 10:9"

3. Member
    No, I had a SHO on it that blew up 5mo out of warranty. Would run 71-72 with myself, partner and full tournament load. Was really stable and easy to drive.

John work on the prop after the engine swap?
    Larry Eby, 2004 ChampioN 188 Elite/2003 200 Hp Vmax OX66
    "Romans 10:9"

5. Member
    Yes